Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport County Boss 'Blasts' Oscar Garcia

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He is complaining about the lack of chances for home grown managers, and does have a point. Garcia is just being used as an example since he doesn't have a major track record either (yet).

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
What's his opinion of himself denying a Welsh born and bred Manager the chance to manage Newport County?

Excellent point.. you would make a fine journalist!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is complaining about the lack of chances for home grown managers, and does have a point. Garcia is just being used as an example since he doesn't have a major track record either (yet).
But what has he done to earn the chance?

Yes he can be applauded for 'learning his trade' instead of Paul Ince-ing it, who goes someway to keeping the British manager stereotype in place.
But if Justine hasn't actually learned anything in his 10 years of non league, why should be expect a job?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

“I don’t know Garcia but, for me, there’s a lot of good, young managers here who have been successful that I feel could do a better job at Brighton than him – and that disappoints me.

lol nice example to use and could he not of got his point across without naming anyone?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ironic that he's an English manager managing a Welsh club then !!

Maybe he should get his head out of his arse and look at the way we play, that's why we appointed a foreign manager like Oscar. I mean when was the last ENGLISH manager to win the ENGLISH Premier League ? Clubs don't appoint English managers as foreign ones are a better calibre - simple.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
“I don’t know Garcia but, for me, there’s a lot of good, young managers here who have been successful that I feel could do a better job at Brighton than him – and that disappoints me.

lol nice example to use and could he not of got his point across without naming anyone?

He was presumably asked about his upcoming opponents and what he knew about our new manager.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
“Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to fail"
And that is why you were not considered for the vacancy.:wanker:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
"Blasts" ha ha, typical tabloid headline.But as for content, I would normally agreed with mr Edinburgh's sentiment about promoting young managers from this country, but I believe we're not in s position to do that. We're a club looking to go to the prem and promoting an untested young manager from non league or one of the same old stale management merry go round faces wasn't an option. Oscar ticks all the boxes that we required young, has shown early success and plays with the same football ethos that we've all come to love. The fact Edinburgh says he knows nothing about him says it all really

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This game is now upped in the banana skin stakes

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be interested to know what his record was like at Billericay, Rushden & Diamonds etc.

Did he not get offered bigger jobs because of prejudices against English managers, or because he was actually a bit rubbish?

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
What a ****in' melt, hope we stuff them clearly knows nothing about us as a club and is trying to play mind games.
Was wanting them to do well but now have changed my mind

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Blasts" ha ha, typical tabloid headline.But as for content, I would normally agreed with mr Edinburgh's sentiment about promoting young managers from this country, but I believe we're not in s position to do that. We're a club looking to go to the prem and promoting an untested young manager from non league or one of the same old stale management merry go round faces wasn't an option. Oscar ticks all the boxes that we required young, has shown early success and plays with the same football ethos that we've all come to love. The fact Edinburgh says he knows nothing about him says it all really
That was the same with Poyet three years ago. We won that one, the current gamble is unproven yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here