Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport County Boss 'Blasts' Oscar Garcia

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Be interested to know what his record was like at Billericay, Rushden & Diamonds etc.

Did he not get offered bigger jobs because of prejudices against English managers, or because he was actually a bit rubbish?

A mixed bag of results with a promotion under his belt before taking on the Newport job.

It seems he owns two Toni and Guy salons with a business partner, so if he can't cut it in the football world, he can cut it there.

Be interested to know what his record was like at Billericay, Rushden & Diamonds etc.

Did he not get offered bigger jobs because of prejudices against English managers, or because he was actually a bit rubbish?
He joined Billericay as player-manager, but only selected himself for one game. They were runners up in the Isthmian League Premier Division during his time there.

Next move was to Fisher Athletic, where he took them into the Conference South, via a victory in the playoff final.

No great success at Grays Athletic.

Took Rushden & Diamonds to the Conference play-offs, but then saw the club go bust.

Took over at Newport County when they were 23rd in the Conference. In his first season, he pulled them out of the relegation zone and got to the Wembley final of the FA Trophy. Second season ... promotion back to the Football League.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
He joined Billericay as player-manager, but only selected himself for one game. They were runners up in the Isthmian League Premier Division during his time there.

Next move was to Fisher Athletic, where he took them into the Conference South, via a victory in the playoff final.

No great success at Grays Athletic.

Took Rushden & Diamonds to the Conference play-offs, but then saw the club go bust.

Took over at Newport County when they were 23rd in the Conference. In his first season, he pulled them out of the relegation zone and got to the Wembley final of the FA Trophy. Second season ... promotion back to the Football League.
Quite lucky with his spending power though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was Edinbourgh a Champions League winner with Man Utd who led a flairtastic team consistently? No he was a shit left back who in modern football with better foreigners in the British leagues would be holding down a place in the bottom half of the Championship.

Was he Maradona or Eusabio's assistant who then led Arsenal's youngsters to the triple?

Did he then go to Bosinia or Hungry and win the league first time with a club who whilst big had done nothing for 10 years? Winning league weeks before the end of season and qualifying for the Champs League?

Ah no he's not but has done a good job and in 10 years MIGHT deserve to be boss of Yeovil and be NEARLY as qualified as OG is NOW

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
When Gerrard has excelled for Liverpool's youth team and won everything going, then gone and won the Chzech league maybe he'll have a point if he doesn't get Championship job offers......... but Justin f-ing Edinbourgh? hahahahahahahaha

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
"I don't know Oscar Garcia", said Edinburgh. "But I do love Gus Poyet because I played for Tottenham for 10 years", he didn't add.

D

Deleted member 18477

What kind of idiot openly says...

'I'm going to fail'... What a thick prat!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
"I don't know Oscar Garcia", said Edinburgh. "But I do love Gus Poyet because I played for Tottenham for 10 years", he didn't add.

Good point. Yes there may be an element of Spurs old boys sticking together - or more likely it's just some disrespectful comments that ironically may well help our own team talk.

You equally could understand OG saying 'Justin who...?', but then he has more class.

The best way for OG to respond is to let our footie do the talking and get a clinical win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OG will be used to all this bollocks, some of the shite written about Barcelona in the Spanish press when things aren't going well makes this small time manager attempting mind games look pretty tame.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good point. It does smack of 'blooming foreigners coming over here taking our jobs'
It does indeed, and also has the air of somebody distinctly worried that they might not be able to keep up with the competition.

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
This is probably jealousy who the hell is he to say anything about Garcia. He will be eating his words on tuesday I feel a 4 or 5.0 coming

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here