[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We are in the middle of a tough run in. The games are coming thick and fast. Injuries are hitting us hard.
But that isn't to say we should blame the run in, the fixture congestion, or the injury list. We should be able to manage this.

Just as we congratulate TB and PBOBE for being brilliant at succession planning and running the club, so too should we be critical of them when it doesn't work.
It is very unlikely that a 5-1 home defeat to Everton and a 4-1 defeat at Newcastle was in anyone's plan.

Perhaps we aren't quite so good at running the club as we thought we were.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At 85 mins I was convinced we were going to get a point.
Injuries have cost us.
That and the fact that the majority of experienced players all had shockers.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Atmosphere needs to be on point Sunday No excuses
Not wrong, it should be, best season we have ever had, best chance of European football.
we should be loud and proud, it’s been a long season, can’t believe folks are moaning when we’re on our knees and down to our bare bones.
Sussex Albion Folk need to get behind the Albion, and show appreciation

our motto is

Stand or Fall

Not

Moan & Groan

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Couldn't sleep, so had a quick look at the score.
Not what I expected, we never lose by just the 1 goal do we.
Decided to field the stronger team in the second half wirh the substititions, again.
Becoming a habit that, and a failing.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We are in the middle of a tough run in. The games are coming thick and fast. Injuries are hitting us hard.
But that isn't to say we should blame the run in, the fixture congestion, or the injury list. We should be able to manage this.

Just as we congratulate TB and PBOBE for being brilliant at succession planning and running the club, so too should we be critical of them when it doesn't work.
It is very unlikely that a 5-1 home defeat to Everton and a 4-1 defeat at Newcastle was in anyone's plan.

This has to be a wind up.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The most disappointing aspect of tonight was sitting right on the dividing line between the home and away fans and hearing quite a lot of anti-Semitic comments and half songs towards Tony from the Newcastle fans. Not heard it at any other away games before, but I’ve not been so close to the home fans for a while.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The most disappointing aspect of tonight was sitting right on the dividing line between the home and away fans and hearing quite a lot of anti-Semitic comments and half songs towards Tony from the Newcastle fans. Not heard it at any other away games before, but I’ve not been so close to the home games for a while.
Did you report it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The most disappointing aspect of tonight was sitting right on the dividing line between the home and away fans and hearing quite a lot of anti-Semitic comments and half songs towards Tony from the Newcastle fans. Not heard it at any other away games before, but I’ve not been so close to the home games for a while.
really anti semitic songs directed towards Mr Bloom ?
from a minority of fans of an Islamic State owned football club, how strange

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That’s just silly.
Every team has aberrations, especially when we aren’t oil rich.
We don’t have an experienced RB fit, we had three youth players on the pitch.
Even the timing of tonight’s game was out of their hands because it was Newcastle who were at Wembley in the League Cup final.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well for a bit of balance, we did beat Arsenal 3 nil away so it’s a bit out of character to lose 4-1 tonight (and 5-1 before then) and 1-0 win before that. How does the tired legs over congested explication work across all those games? I don’t understand. Or could it be something else, less obvious?
I don't think it's rocket science. It's been relentless since the Cup Semi and the season's caught up with us - we can't put in performances we've been putting in week-in-week out with so many injuries and so many games. Forest was just after the Cup Semi - MU put in a similar performance in their next game. Bounced back in great fashion v wolves knowing we needed a win badly from that one, and then beat united in a revenge match after the semi. Tiredness/limited squad again then caught up with us v Everton before enough of a break before Arsenal to regroup and properly go at them the way we did - 2nd half especially.

Tonight's game came too soon after such a big match at the Emirates, and with a game that RDZ knows we must prioritise as one we must win coming just 2 days after our furthest away game, I'm not surprised at all really by tonight's result/performance.

To be honest, I'm just delighted to be in the position we are in at this point now. 3 wins and 3 defeats is a good return imo considering the circumstances. I guess the disappointing thing is the amount of goals we've conceded, but it hasn't affected the GD advantage we have over spurs and villa, which is the main thing.

On to Sunday... what a huge match now for us though to get a win by any means possible. We win and villa don't beat Liverpool and/or spurs don't beat Brentford and we're in Europe... 🙏

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That is utterly disgraceful- especially coming from fans who’s club is literally only where it is in the PL because of instant mass funding from an Investment Fund propped up by a government with an appalling track record on human rights abuses. Those Newcastle fans you heard need a history lesson and a season’s stadium ban in the very least.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm really f***ing worried. It's mad after this season.
Moises is irreplaceable. Mac is so important. Colwill is a player very hard to replace as LCBs are so rare. I'm worried about Europe. Just look at West Ham.
Yes, just look at West Ham. In the final, aren't they - and in the PL next season. There will be ins and outs in the transfer window, you realise? No £50M players, I'm sure, but enough good ones to add some depth to the squad. Besides, look at our bench tonight - Offiah, Moran, Peupion and co. wi be a year older and more experienced.

Would you seriously rather not have a European adventure? Seriously?

Good grief!

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
That is utterly disgraceful- especially coming from fans who’s club is literally only where it is in the PL because of instant mass funding from an Investment Fund propped up by a government with an appalling track record on human rights abuses. Those Newcastle fans you heard need a history lesson and a season’s stadium ban in the very least.

It was a small group of young lads, so I hope they’re just horribly misguided.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, just look at West Ham. In the final, aren't they - and in the PL next season. There will be ins and outs in the transfer window, you realise? No £50M players, I'm sure, but enough good ones to add some depth to the squad. Besides, look at our bench tonight - Offiah, Moran, Peupion and co. wi be a year older and more experienced.

Would you seriously rather not have a European adventure? Seriously?

Good grief!
No..I haven't said that. I'm just worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports