Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Overall I didn’t think he had a bad game, it’s a steep but valuable learning curve. One for the future imo
Who lost the ball on half way line for their 4th? Was it Caicedo or Offiah? if it was Offiah, it might be a blessing in disguise as the game was already done at 3-1, learn more from adversity and all that.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everton and Newcastle have shown how to play against us.
Newcastle have shown the rest of the league that all you have to do is play against an injury hit side, whose remaining players are all knackered.

Can't believe no one else thought of it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Newcastle have shown the rest of the league that all you have to do is play against an injury hit side, whose remaining players are all knackered.

Can't believe no one else thought of it.
& invest a load of money into your own squad. Pretty simple really.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Who lost the ball on half way line for their 4th? Was it Caicedo or Offiah? if it was Offiah, it might be a blessing in disguise as the game was already done at 3-1, learn more from adversity and all that.......
I thought it was Caicedo who also fell over for the third in the same way he did for Everton's fifth.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Tonight showed where we need reinforcements. CB, RB, midfield if both Mac and Caciedo leave in the summer and that still leaves us short due to Mwepu's enforced retirement. I think Europe could pose all sorts of issues if the squad stays wafer thin

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Is that a sort of a oxymoron that you are happier that you feel better at losing more than me.we lost.
You must interpret it as you see fit. All I'm doing is trying to impart the bigger picture.

I am sorry that I failed to make you feel just a little better about tonight's result.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I genuinely think he is knackered.
We started 1 game recently with Welbeck on left cutting in and it worked quite well, not sure why we dont give him a night on the bench to see if he can affect fromt here if needed?

Also noticed, we dont often switch the wingers, wings played on during game so much.....maybe personnel reasons? Mitoma is always down left

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
To be fair deserved nothing more tonight. The team looked poor from the moment that the line up was annouced. We scored with our only real attempt. Chalk and cheese from Sunday. Proves that if we did make Europe and Thursday night football than we need to strengthen considerably. Some of the team today are probably not quite ready for first team action and some maybe not quite good enough.
We missed Colwill or Webster tonight and the team ran out of legs against a fired up home side!
They also had pretty much full 1st team squad to pick from and have all season.
Plus spending loads of money on re-enforcement’s, which we haven’t had the luxury to do.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RDZ - ‘we deserved to loose the game’ - ‘We suffer the physicality of Newcastle… we have to forget this day …Welbeck, Gilmour and Mac Allister can’t play 90mins today and 90mins Sunday’

RDZ clearly planning starting line ups with all four final games in mind as a few of us have said above. It would have worked if we hadnt taken so many risks - change the game plan and play over the top of the press when we start a weak back line (Ie without Veltman, Webster and Lamptey against an aggressively attacking team))

At home at the weekend - it’s ours to loose well or win beautifully 🙂

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here