Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
He is absolute dog shit.
But if the only game you had seen was this one, you might say the same about Caicedo or Ali Mac. Never seen either of them play so badly. Only Enciso and Steele come out with much credit tonight. I think it is just too many games at the wrong time. However stay positive, by 4pm on Sunday we could be in Europe.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Newcastle have shown the rest of the league that all you have to do is play against an injury hit side, whose remaining players are all knackered.

Can't believe no one else thought of it.
Agree and also we're still in 6th place, even with the congestive end to the season, which isn't our fault and due to rearranged games where those teams have been involved in other competitions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Despite being poor we were still in it till very late tonight.

The fixtures have been punishing lately, roll on Saturday.
At 85 mins I was convinced we were going to get a point.
Injuries have cost us.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Tonight showed where we need reinforcements. CB, RB, midfield if both Mac and Caciedo leave in the summer and that still leaves us short due to Mwepu's enforced retirement. I think Europe could pose all sorts of issues if the squad stays wafer thin
I'm really f***ing worried. It's mad after this season.
Moises is irreplaceable. Mac is so important. Colwill is a player very hard to replace as LCBs are so rare. I'm worried about Europe. Just look at West Ham.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
But if the only game you had seen was this one, you might say the same about Caicedo or Ali Mac. Never seen either of them play so badly. Only Enciso and Steele come out with much credit tonight. I think it is just too many games at the wrong time. However stay positive, by 4pm on Sunday we could be in Europe.
Thanks for your sarcasm.well done. I have seen him in every game, he is dog shit.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Smug did his preppy homework and made sure JP had the ball all the time. JP is ok on the ball but isn't Colwill or Webster level and was strangely cumbersome with it. We started very slowly caused by how fast they started and how much Gross and Gilmour got bullied. Undav badly at fault in the first half and doesn't help his case for starting. Great assist from Gilmour and good finish but we weren't composed at 2-1 to fashion an opening. Poor touch here, not looking up or lack of movement. Gutted to lose and we never really do things the easy way. Don't want it to go to the last game V Villa!

We need an injured player back just to give everyone a lift. Offiah right back on Sunday, Macallister and Enciso to start please. Annoyed Toney is banned for Spurs and Villa have Klopp banned for their game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
On the coach back to Brighton. We kept playing the same slow pace football with two many passes. We score the first time we go fast and a bit more direct. Really needed to mix it up a lot more. Shame Enciso did not score at the end , would have made the trip a bit more worthwhile.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
You must interpret it as you see fit. All I'm doing is trying to impart the bigger picture.

I am sorry that I failed to make you feel just a little better about tonight's result.
You are the most polite or the biggest piss taker on here. I will go for the second one. Thanks.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We started 1 game recently with Welbeck on left cutting in and it worked quite well, not sure why we dont give him a night on the bench to see if he can affect fromt here if needed?

Also noticed, we dont often switch the wingers, wings played on during game so much.....maybe personnel reasons? Mitoma is always down left
Mitoma played on the right for the first 20 against Arsenal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On the coach back to Brighton. We kept playing the same slow pace football with two many passes. We score the first time we go fast and a bit more direct. Really needed to mix it up a lot more. Shame Enciso did not score at the end , would have made the trip a bit more worthwhile.
Safe journey back and well done on going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here