Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle fans EMBRACE their new overlords

I'm not particularly against Newcastle and why blame the fans for wanting to experience success again. And yes the owners do come from a country WHERE THE BELEIF SYSTEM IS DIFFERENT but some of the comments here border on racism...
I should point out that our chairman money initially came from gambling and in some countries gambling is illegal but I bet you won't find a Saudi fan raging at us or TB for daring to use gambling blood money to run a successful football club..

Perspectives..just saying like

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm not particularly against Newcastle and why blame the fans for wanting to experience success again. And yes the owners do come from a country WHERE THE BELEIF SYSTEM IS DIFFERENT but some of the comments here border on racism...
I should point out that our chairman money initially came from gambling and in some countries gambling is illegal but I bet you won't find a Saudi fan raging at us or TB for daring to use gambling blood money to run a successful football club..

Ahh, "the belief system is different".
Brilliant, that's ok then...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
New Newcastle documentary out on Prime covering the 22/23 season. Watched the first 5 mins out of intrigue, had to turn it off. Felt dirty.
Turns into a proper horror show when Amanda Stavelys face makes an appearance. It’s not real surely?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

The Saudis kill people. Tony Bloom doesn’t.

The Saudis treat people from other races and belief systems as rubbish a lot of the time. BHAFC has a reputation for treating people well and being respectful and honest.

perspectives … just saying, like.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Bloody hell. I don’t like gambling but equating it with beheading, murdering journalists, slavery, exploitative treatment of migrant workers and oppressing and killing people because of their sexuality, that is beyond ridiculous. It is also outright insulting to Tony Bloom.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yes their belief system is different: it's bloody archaic. Absolute joke to compare gambling to the Saudi regime

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not particularly against Newcastle and why blame the fans for wanting to experience success again. And yes the owners do come from a country WHERE THE BELEIF SYSTEM IS INHUMAN but some of the comments here border on racism..
Not sure they could lecture people on racism or morality when even believing in a different branch of Islam to the rulers can get you executed - like the 7 youngsters currently awaiting that fate for allegedly being involved in protests (the torture makes it difficult to be certain). One was 12 at the time. Saudi Arabia is carrying out more executions than ever, for dubious reasons. Not to mention chopping up dissenting journalists, machine gunning migrants, treating women as an underclass and still having the death penalty for homosexuality.

But they do now allow women to drive and go to football matches so that’s ok then.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

"The belief system is different" is a dangerous way to rationalise what they do and let's them off the hook. How much of that is because of geography? If they were a western nation doing what they do...let's say France...publicly beheading people for minor crimes, torturing people for their sexuality, slaughtering refugees, oppressing women and minority rights, imprisoning, torturing and executing without trial journalists and anyone who criticises them online or in the street, alleged links to extremism,...would you make the same argument?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Alcohol is also banned in some places and that’s fair enough but killing people is not simply another belief system and the fact that’s it’s a strict Islamic country doesn’t mean it’s ok .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
@giveusfalmerplease getting pelters somewhat detracts from the main issue here. As of now the ownership of NUFC has been deemed legal. That's legal according to football's governing bodies and legal according to UK law.

Er, that's it, really.

I am all in favour of mocking the club and its owners, and booing them, but it will take ten plus years of the NUFC owners taking money out of the club for there to be much in the way of soul searching among their support. The only reason that some ManU supporters chant 'we want Glazers out' is because the club is being outspent by others, is nowhere near winning the league, and have been run badly.

The irony is that untold wealth seems to be an excuse for some clubs to be run badly. Look at Chelsea. And apparently Boeuheughly is a front for middle eastern money, too, and so.....

Our club is run superbly well and we are not a fallen giant on its knees, desperate to recapitulate the glory days of 40, 50, 60 years ago, for the toon, or whatever.

As others have said, for the old man/woman contingent on NSC, having the club taken over by a goon squad may well represent an off-the-shelf excuse to put an end to an investment of time and money (and emotion) that may have become increasingly challenging in recent years. For the likes of those teenagers baiting the David Morrissy* look-alike-ee at Wolves, this would all be water off a duck's back.

(*with added Ralf Hasenhüttl and, if I may say so, a pinch of Peter Hook)

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
View attachment 163015

Imagine supporting a football club, and then actually producing a flag that celebrates owners who come from a regime that imprisons homosexuals, represses women to being 2nd class citizens, carries out mass executions and medieval stonings, bombs the f*ck out of Yemen, and carves up journalists with bonesaws. Would anyone else fancy passing this giant banner over their heads in the North Stand if TB ever sold out to the Saudi's ? Hmm.

Still, Mike Ashley eh.
We have the opportunity to make our feelings clear on the 2nd of September - we can sing something simple like - MBS - what a W ****er - not very original . " A small town in Saudi " - you're just a small .... " We should definitely make a point -

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have the opportunity to make our feelings clear on the 2nd of September - we can sing something simple like - MBS - what a W ****er - not very original . " A small town in Saudi " - you're just a small .... " We should definitely make a point -
You’re going home in a Sussex pizza oven

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
@giveusfalmerplease getting pelters somewhat detracts from the main issue here. As of now the ownership of NUFC has been deemed legal. That's legal according to football's governing bodies and legal according to UK law.

Er, that's it, really.
Acceptance of a wrong and going along with sports washing of a regime is thankfully not on everyone’s radar. Dissent is allowed otherwise change may never happen. I’m baffled by your acceptance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Acceptance of a wrong and going along with sports washing of a regime is thankfully not on everyone’s radar. Dissent is allowed otherwise change may never happen. I’m baffled by your acceptance.

You say that but no one seems bothered except online. Don’t think I’ve ever heard a song being sung against them when we’ve played

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

'different' ?????

f*** me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here