Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New signings...

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Quite agree. Buckleys never seems to be able to get a decent final ball in now. He also stuggles to get to the by line and pull it back from anyone running late into the box. hopefully a few more games will get him back to his best.

Buckley set up barnes for the goal against newport.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd Buckley a bit of time yet. Just watching back through a few games from last season on player, he was absolutely quality in some of them. Plus we'd be absolutely ****ed if LuaLua was our ONLY proper winger.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Buckley set up barnes for the goal against newport.

Fair enough. I wasn't there so cant comment.

He just looks a bit lacking, he started off last season so well, very much like Bruno and both hit form together, we looked unstopabble, however I dont think he is anywhere near close to his best at the moment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would liek to see a decent back up keeper as well. I know that Ank isn't totally horrendous but if Kusckak was to get a 9 month injury we could really be in trouble

That is what the loan window is for.

Only spend the cash on a keeper if we really need to, and look at it again in January.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lualua, Buckley, Lopez, Orlandi, Crofts, Andrews, Bridcutt, Kemy, JFC, March, Ince =11, who really thinks we need another midfielder??? We lost Dicker, Vicente and Hammond, two of which hardly played and replaced them with Kemy and Andrews, with the addition of March, JFC and Ince into the first team squad, I would have thought another midfielder (unless it's someone so exceptional you can't say no), is the last thing we need.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
As much as I would love to see Becchio alongside Ulloa, its super unlikely to happen... Norwich only have 3 strikers after their releases throughout the summer!

Zamora, do be serious!

Riise... bundesliga bound.

I would hope we could tap into the loan market and sign up some of Arsenals/United youth. The funny thing is that no matter who we put in the frame on NSC it will be someone totally random! Who would have thought Keith Andrews was a target?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The budget, if the same as last year will have had quite a bit already gobbled up by the players we bought last year who are still here being paid a decent wage. Bridge and Dobbie may have cost quite a bit, I doubt Hammond was on a large salary, Harley maybe, Vicente probably. We have brought in Upson, Kemy and Andrews who will have swallowed up quite a bit of the money we were paying to the released players. We have to leave something for the January window in case we are adrift around the bottom or flirting with the play offs. I think we will make one BIG signing, probably a full back and maybe two max loan players and that's it by the end of this window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes
Becchio very close to signing apparently but it's just down To Norwich now if they wanna let him go

Excellent.

I just hope he's an addition, and not a replacement for Barnes, or most importantly, Ulloa.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
as I see it, we have no money for transfers and will rely on the loan system. I personally don't expect to see much activity in or out in this window and unfortunately we will go with what we have which is not enough to go up, But too much to go down. A consolidation season.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I thought Bloom was on record as saying the transfer budget was roughly the same as last year which must mean we have quite a bit left in the kitty?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
as I see it, we have no money for transfers and will rely on the loan system. I personally don't expect to see much activity in or out in this window and unfortunately we will go with what we have which is not enough to go up, But too much to go down. A consolidation season.

The Shape Shifter has stated our budget is slightly up on last year. What is not clear if that is wages or buying budget.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Bloom was on record as saying the transfer budget was roughly the same as last year which must mean we have quite a bit left in the kitty?

If that's true we have a MASSIVE amount left.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lualua, Buckley, Lopez, Orlandi, Crofts, Andrews, Bridcutt, Kemy, JFC, March, Ince =11, who really thinks we need another midfielder??? We lost Dicker, Vicente and Hammond, two of which hardly played and replaced them with Kemy and Andrews, with the addition of March, JFC and Ince into the first team squad, I would have thought another midfielder (unless it's someone so exceptional you can't say no), is the last thing we need.

You missed out Dobbie and Harley and we don't know of March Ince and JFC are ready. They've been in partially due to injuries/us being short on midfielders.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Don't believe everything that comes from that soccer sauce twitter account. As much as it'll be great its worrying that its ONLY come from them

That same account today said that Tottenham want to sign Troy Deeney from Watford and will send Jermain Defoe the other way in order to sign him.

Yes, that is how shite they are !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would liek to see a decent back up keeper as well. I know that Ank isn't totally horrendous but if Kusckak was to get a 9 month injury we could really be in trouble

In an ideal world if money was no object yes but as we are with FFP the money would be better spent elsewhere. If anything happens to TK we go out and get a keeper on loan CA +PB are
adequate subs to come on from the bench in an emergency

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here