Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New signings...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough, a useful visual aid.

Make me slightly depressed though to see that at this time last year we had brought in Kusz, Bridge, Bruno, Vicente (again) and Crofts (again).

Look at this year's signings so far and it seems either we have a significantly lower budget, or are going to spend SHITLOADS in the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, as far as who we did/have signed are concerned it feels like a step down (no criticism of chicksen, agustien, andrews or upson intended), but the timing of the signings aren't anything to worry about, yet.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We have bought in 3 players already but some people have forgotten that maybe because they are not that exciting, im sure we will get a few more on transfer deadline day though.

I know its been said a hundred times before but what a rediculous system we are all waiting for a month to find out what our final squad is going to be, transfers should end the day before the new season starts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, as far as who we did/have signed are concerned it feels like a step down (no criticism of chicksen, agustien, andrews or upson intended), but the timing of the signings aren't anything to worry about, yet.

I just don't want a situation of us falling short by 2/3 points at the end of the season and having the excuse of it being down to not having our squad in place early enough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Becchio 90% coming
Zamora 20% Coming
Risse 10% coming
So a slight possibility we might get all 3 but Becchio looks most probable

You genuinely heard something about Becchio?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would liek to see a decent back up keeper as well. I know that Ank isn't totally horrendous but if Kusckak was to get a 9 month injury we could really be in trouble

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The way things are going we might be more than 2/3 points short at the end of the season

You don't know WHAT I'm suggesting we'll be 2-3 points short of...staying up?!?!?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes
Becchio very close to signing apparently but it's just down To Norwich now if they wanna let him go

While i think it'd be an awesome signing, i can't see that they would - they've only got 3 strikers (as far as i'm aware): Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper and Becchio. They've got rid of Holt, Jackson, Vaughan and Martin.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Solly March looks like more than adequate cover

Given games I think he will be more consistent than the other two anyway. Can see Buckley being sold and I don't think we would miss him. He has lost his pace and on the games I have watched especially Saturday did not fit in to any of the patterns of play.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Given games I think he will be more consistent than the other two anyway. Can see Buckley being sold and I don't think we would miss him. He has lost his pace and on the games I have watched especially Saturday did not fit in to any of the patterns of play.

Quite agree. Buckleys never seems to be able to get a decent final ball in now. He also stuggles to get to the by line and pull it back from anyone running late into the box. hopefully a few more games will get him back to his best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here