Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New rule interpretations

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
One thing I noticed on Saturday was that the ref was doing his job quicker with the confidence given to him by the new rules. It was apparent to the players that their opinions were irrelevant so everyone just got on with the game.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I have several friends who follow London sides and for evening fixtures the last train from Victoria down to Bognor, Barnham, Chichester is 22.32.

Adding additional time added for both halves could mean the game potentially finishing about 15 mins later than last season and thus needing to miss a big chunk of the game if you want to catch the last train.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think this is fantastic just to highlight alone the madness of how much time we currently lose in a football match.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The fight back from the cheats has begun. Ten Hag claiming that adding more time on for cheating will lead to player breakdown. They could just not waste time when ahead in games of course…..

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The fuss the likes of City (and some compliant journalists) are making over it is ridiculous. I read today that the average increase in minutes played at the World Cup was about 3-4 minutes per game. I’m well up for that. Why should fans be short-changed? Look at the ridiculous goal celebrations now, dragged out for VAR. They’re all (including us) taking the piss out of the paying punter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here