Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everyone's a winner here, in theory. More facilities but same crowd number = shorter queues everywhere = more drinking time = more revenue for club. Also, it will thin out train queues if there is a decent post- match drinking option, also could benefit club shop if more facilities open for longer.

The other point is about more viewing space being made available in the north, even if it is corporate. Again, more money for the club, higher attendances.

The music venue thing is a bonus, the main thing is making the match day experience better for all and the club's plans are excellent. More exciting times!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think this is a great idea. Possibly the first of a few similar addirions if it goes well. I am not surprised though that there are some naysayers already,before any proper details are available. Why do people immediatley look for whats "wrong" with anything the club do. why the focus on "gigs" and availability. Its not like they are booking in The Rolling Stones, it will be a small music venue with a limited capacity for local smallish bands probably with a few hundred audience. As has been said, plenty of time over summer, international breaks that would allow a long lead in time, but I think its meant for small intimate gigs that can be organised quite quickly
It looks like a fantastic addition and what people have been asking for since the Amex opened

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's why we held out for over £100M for Caicedo. The few extra million we got pays effectively for this!

Cheers Chelsea.
The Amex Boxpark - containing The Caicedo Cafe, The Cucurella Cantina and The Sanchez Saloon. Thanks again, Todd!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Probably would TBH
Dicks Bar has been free for a decade - and the Seven Stars - a sort of halfway house bar/lounge thing with entrance was a damp squib.

Some people would pay to get in I guess but no need - all about increasing the revenue per fan. And making em hang around / arrive earlier, and improving facilities for fans. Charging doesn’t work for this kind of thing. It’s not like a lounge etc .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Good luck with permission for that
It looks awful from the outside
Funny thing is that it will look like that precisely to get permission as the hotel that got turned down was said to not be in keeping with the Amex. This has a sloping roof so from A27 it will just blend in with the Amex roof line

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dicks Bar has been free for a decade - and the Seven Stars - a sort of halfway house bar/lounge thing with entrance was a damp squib.

Some people would pay to get in I guess but no need - all about increasing the revenue per fan. And making em hang around / arrive earlier, and improving facilities for fans. Charging doesn’t work for this kind of thing. It’s not like a lounge etc .
That wasn’t the question though…….and it‘s basically a Boxpark clone, which you pay to go into. I don’t think therev will be charges FWIW, but if there was I’d probably still use it as tend to arrive early and don’t like Dick’s Bar.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd be perfectly happy to get there extra early to take in the lunchtime game game before ours kicks off, and/or stay late for the 5.30. Spreads the arrivals and departures. Absolutely bloody marvellous.

DO IT

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Newe Kiosks Shop toilets etc were approved longtime ago. Asume these will still go ahead and new scheme is additional for those willing to pay

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

I vaguely remember the Seven Stars but where was it and how much to get in?

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Just hope its not Sodexo in charge of the catering. Give them some competion, so they have to up their game

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hmmm Dicks bar going, advised this month's ago and got vilified. The improvements look good though so hoping they are approved

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
For the useable I originally envisaged, It’s not as straight forward as this though, see #58.

A good friend is a tour manager, I’m seeing him on Friday. Be interesting to get his thoughts on the logistics of my original thinking. I personally only don’t think it will happen/ my original interpretation wasn’t correct.
Before getting too anxious and consulting tour managers, I'd recommend waiting until we find out what the club have in mind re live music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here