[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Link to pics here

We have quite a few fans who appear to have had their feet amputated or the concrete hadn’t set right on the area outside and they are slowly sinking to their demise

Barber out.

It looks bloody great though…. I assume it is situated by the area the vendors are now?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
2. Nobody has raised this, so I presume you are all expecting access to this fanzone to be free of charge. In light of Barber’s specific mention of the Boxpark experience, I do not think free entry is a given…
It looks amazing, but yeah my little doubt looking at the pictures was is the upstairs going to be another pay extra hospitality option?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Different location wasn't it? Thought it was towards the south
The hotel was going to be in the corner of the carpark (bottom of Bennet's Field area) and where the grassy bank is. There's a fair amount of space before the railway line.

As this seems to be where the food outlets currently are, that is already a bottleneck with people standing around, although I appreciate quite a few will be inside the building.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So Dick’s bar will eventually close and move to the new development.

“Dick’s Bar will remain open as a pre-turnstile bar in the short term, before being incorporated within the new Fan Zone to help facilitate further future development of our facilities in the North Stand.”

More seats in the North?
This was the most interesting line for me. Possibly revisiting the idea of a north stand shelf/2nd tier.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This was the most interesting line for me. Possibly revisiting the idea of a north stand shelf/2nd tier.
The old tv studio over the police box, and former offices will be (a) lounge(s) with a balcony similar to the Heineken bar in the south stand.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The old tv studio over the police box, and former offices will be (a) lounge(s) with a balcony similar to the Heineken bar in the south stand.

Yep, think there was even mention of a couple of private boxes to be squeezed in there too.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'd imagine as well as there being serving hatches upstairs, there will also be kiosks underneath.
This would allow people to stand around in the open area outside the building in the area where they stand now near the big badge on the floor.
If it is like Southampton's it will have big screens on the outside as well as inside allowing fans to watch an early game while having a drink.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So which gets built first, this or a single stand at Selhurst?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The hotel was going to be in the corner of the carpark (bottom of Bennet's Field area) and where the grassy bank is. There's a fair amount of space before the railway line.

As this seems to be where the food outlets currently are, that is already a bottleneck with people standing around, although I appreciate quite a few will be inside the building.
Thanks, that's what I thought - very small footprint it feels for this one but sure that's because there are plans for those other spaces. The vision Tony has is incredible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow - absolutely love this!!!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Reliably informed that Dicks Bar and the office space (recently vacated by Albion in the community) is to become a new restaurant in the North West Corner.

More details to follow is due course and works planned for the back end of 2024.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
True. But they’d need to block out a lot of dates to deal with scheduled games, potential movement of these scheduled games, potential involvement in all cups plus the potential European fixtures in the coming season. Seems unworkable to me apart from the summer months.
Away every other week during the season so a lot of Thursday to Sunday periods to utilise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports