Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I vaguely remember the Seven Stars but where was it and how much to get in?
In the East stand and was about £10 to get in! Think it is the Goldstone restaurant for east 1901 now.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I vaguely remember the Seven Stars but where was it and how much to get in?
It was above the East, very short lived, they might have charged in the end but I went in there twice, I certainly wouldn’t have paid. I do recall Amstel in a proper glass though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Before getting too anxious and consulting tour managers, I'd recommend waiting until we find out what the club have in mind re live music.
I’m far from anxious: I’m just trying to make conversation. As I said, I’m just interested.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It looks great but, yes, agreed - how big is it (it looks big) and where does it fit?
There is that car park area around there between the stadium and the road so possibly a bigger footprint than initially obvious.

Edit: Looking on the satellite image, forgot about the railway track. Unless it’s built so trains can run underneath a section…. With the car park as well, it’s a big bit of land.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Looks great, hope this gets the go ahead. Would be really useful for us who have to travel a distance to get here, as we have to leave in unexpected delays in our travel plans, so sometimes (like today for me) arrive at a stupid time.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It looks good. Somewhere under cover, that's not a grey concourse to have a beer pre match can only be a good thing. Unless they say no under 18's like Dicks bar, then I'll be grumpy (unless Jnr isn't with me). :smile:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Looks great, hope this gets the go ahead. Would be really useful for us who have to travel a distance to get here, as we have to leave in unexpected delays in our travel plans, so sometimes (like today for me) arrive at a stupid time.
Edit - Sorry quoted wrong post!

No chance it will go above the railway.

I’d imagine footprint will be something like this.

IMG_9965.jpeg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Edit - Sorry quoted wrong post!

No chance it will go above the railway.

I’d imagine footprint will be something like this.
Pretty much what was in the programme

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That wasn’t the question though…….and it‘s basically a Boxpark clone, which you pay to go into. I don’t think therev will be charges FWIW, but if there was I’d probably still use it as tend to arrive early and don’t like Dick’s Bar.
Not sure why you think it's a box park clone? Box park has numerous different food outlets which this is unlikely to have as it will be one caterer. Apart from that, a box park is just a few bars in a rectangular building. You might as well say it's a Wetherspoons clone or a Greene King clone etc etc. Not knocking box park as used it for both semi finals and it was great but that was partly because of the ex players wandering around and chatting plus the stuff on the big screen etc.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I dont know the capacity of Dicks but when it closes I imagine this new area will become very busy. Would be good if they could add a few extra covered areas where fans could congregate.

Maybe something like this.....

Attachments

• dining-shelter-chesham-grammar-school.jpg
    dining-shelter-chesham-grammar-school.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 78

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I dont know the capacity of Dicks but when it closes I imagine this new area will become very busy. Would be good if they could add a few extra covered areas where fans could congregate.

Maybe something like this.....
I like that. Far better than standing under the bike shelters before the game today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure why you think it's a box park clone? Box park has numerous different food outlets which this is unlikely to have as it will be one caterer. Apart from that, a box park is just a few bars in a rectangular building. You might as well say it's a Wetherspoons clone or a Greene King clone etc etc. Not knocking box park as used it for both semi finals and it was great but that was partly because of the ex players wandering around and chatting plus the stuff on the big screen etc.
Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said, “I am sure fans will be extremely excited to see these plans and designs, and this is another incredibly generous investment by our chairman Tony Bloom.

"We all loved the the Box Park experience on our two most recent trips to Wembley, and we wanted to give supporters something similar for every home game at the Amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be all over this like a tramp on chips. There is literally NO downside.

Hopefully it'll have x3 - x4 the capacity of Dicks. That'll entice me to arrive early and / or leave late. Big screens, grog, scrag, sluts, noodles, Richie Reynolds, Müller Rice, table football, nitrous oxide, Elton John.

I'm ALL IN

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'll be all over this like a tramp on chips. There is literally NO downside.

Hopefully it'll have x3 - x4 the capacity of Dicks. That'll entice me to arrive early and / or leave late. Big screens, grog, scrag, sluts, noodles, Richie Reynolds, Müller Rice, table football, nitrous oxide, Elton John.

I'm ALL IN

I hope when you're watching the big game, noodles dripping down your chin, a slut on one arm table football handle on the other, tapping your feet to Elton and off you're tree on NOS you'll spare a thought for those poor bats who've been randomly hitting things since 2011

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope when you're watching the big game, noodles dripping down your chin, a slut on one arm table football handle on the other, tapping your feet to Elton and off you're tree on NOS you'll spare a thought for those poor bats who've been randomly hitting things since 2011
Its a point well made. Somehow, in all the excitement, I Iost focus on those bats and their impending collisions.

I'm going to take a few minutes and think about what I've done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said, “I am sure fans will be extremely excited to see these plans and designs, and this is another incredibly generous investment by our chairman Tony Bloom.

"We all loved the the Box Park experience on our two most recent trips to Wembley, and we wanted to give supporters something similar for every home game at the Amex.
So does anyone think they will lay on the same stuff that was at the box park? Peraonally, can't see it being anything like the Box Park experience but I might be proved wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shape looks like it'll create a problem with crowd flow from the East Stand. make it longer for more sq ft and less poncey styling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here