Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans...whats it like??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Howdy,

I'm a "new" fan as it were, I've been a huge Liverpool fan for 20 years (and still am) but I've always lived in the south so have only managed to get to Anfield a few times.

My son was born 5 years a go and I moved to Crawley so i would love to take him to some games but Liverpool is a pain in the arse to get to so i started looking at the teams round me and there was Palace, Crawley and Brighton within the local area.

Due to my hatred of London and going there that ruled out Palace, Crawley are just too poor a standard to go and watch and get an atmosphere (even though i still hope they win and watch their results) so that left Brighton, i love spending a day out with the family there they had a new stadium in the pipeline and they were at a half decent level of football and seemed like a club with a future.

Since then I check this forum and the official site on a regular basis and watch the highlights every week.

When the new stadium is up and going ill be taking my kids down for a day out in Brighton and a game.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone and i don't mean to sound patronizing but Liverpool are kind of my fantasy team (insert jokes here) and Brighton are my realistic team and local enough to feel local to me.

This is exactly what I meant.

And you are VERY VERY welcome brother.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
What a complete joke of a post. I've been going to Brighton games since I was 7 years old yet havn't been on NSC for very long and don't post a great deal. Does that make me a new fan despite the 16 years old loyal support.

I assume you must just be fishing and I have bitten but you are quite simply a complete twat for pretending to be asking questions with an obvious that may seem innocent with an undertone of 'we are better than you'. Who cares if we have a huge rush of new fans soon?? Doesn't make them any different to you if they are willing to pay to see the club we love.
i wouldnt worry about the vast majority on here fella.
what you've got to remember is.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Been wondering about the motivation of the sudden influx of our new supporters...many of whom have popped up on here in recent weeks. Please..don't get me wrong we need you!!

Is it the prospect of the new stadium..did the prospect of The theatre of shit drive you away from the club?

Those that have been supporting another team, probably premier league, do you feel "dirty" like you have been cheating on your wife with a brassy bird with plenty of cash whilst your missus sat at home in a ruined flat weeping for you to come home?

Now you have come home do you feel the need to act as if you were never away? to pretend you have remained loyal throughout? Do you feel the need to "fit in" with the loyalists?

What are you telling your mates who you have been watching prem league in the pub with evey Sunday? That you are going to start following your home town club again now they are going places?

Are you coming back to the Albion for your kids sake? was it just embarrassing to make them go to Withdean?

What Albion related merchandise have you purchased? is there a seagulls mug on your desk at work? is there a seagulls sticker newly affixed to your car window?

Are you pleased to be home? Will you stay now...or is your support dependant on success?

What a snotty post.

The number of people post-match who roll down the windows of their cars in Preston Road to ask you what the Albion score was is ridiculous. Ditto the number of old blokes who ask you about the Albion in launderettes and chippies. Shouldn't confuse the number of people who care about the Albion and always look out for their result first with the number of people willing and/or able to subject themselves and their loved ones to the stupid price and shitty squalor of Withdean in the rain. There's a HUGE groundswell of interest in the Albion around town and always has been.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
What a snotty post.

The number of people post-match who roll down the windows of their cars in Preston Road to ask you what the Albion score was is ridiculous. Ditto the number of old blokes who ask you about the Albion in launderettes and chippies. Shouldn't confuse the number of people who care about the Albion and always look out for their result first with the number of people willing and/or able to subject themselves and their loved ones to the stupid price and shitty squalor of Withdean in the rain. There's a HUGE groundswell of interest in the Albion around town and always has been.

Quite right. When I used to work in a shop in Southwick Square (Won't say which as local's will know it) many customers knew I go to watch Albion home and away and was the main topic of conversation alot of the time. They didn't go to the games but always asked how they were doing, how the stadium is coming along etc.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
What a snotty post.

I what way is it snotty??

I am genuinely interested in what motivates people to start following the Albion again.

It seems to me that people have deliberately got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I own up.

The first game I tried to see ever was this season, and I googled where the ground was, and ended up at some retail park.

I still don't know where you lot are. :shrug:

Bloody newbies :tantrum::tantrum:

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
bandwagon.jpg

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Unfortunately there will be some elitism but that's just because some people like to feel as if they are superior but are really just Twats, I welcome all new & returning supporters as it shows that we are getting somewhere after all the years in the wilderness which is only to be celebrated.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Unfortunately there will be some elitism but that's just because some people like to feel as if they are superior but are really just Twats, I welcome all new & returning supporters as it shows that we are getting somewhere after all the years in the wilderness which is only to be celebrated.

Who does'nt?

Last edited:

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
I was a seasonticket holder at the Goldstone for a while but realised i missed the terracing too much. Before we lost the ground, real life took over, mortgage, shift work and overtime to pay the mortgage, kids, saturday BBQs for the family etc. and i lost the habit.
An occasional visitor to Withdean, but Albion are my team and allways will be, as they were for my father and his father, my son and daughter will join me at Falmer.
Sorry if this make me a bad fan but sometime life gets in the way of perfection.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Add to that almost every cabbie who drives you to Withdean went to the Goldstone but hasn't been since.

All these people look for the Brighton result and I am sure will come to to Falmer, even if it's only occasionally or for the 'big' games. Don't care, we have room. Come one come all!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Im new on here but supported the albion at the goldstone in about 91/92. Reason being?......... i have only just recently got the internet at home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here