Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans...whats it like??

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Do you feel the need to "fit in" with the loyalists?

Sometimes I get the urge to fit in with the Loyalists. That's when I don my balaclava and march around the living room, this is me on the left

uvf.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sometimes I get the urge to fit in with the Loyalists. That's when I don my balaclava and march around the living room, this is me on the left

uvf.jpg

I think I saw you at the Ninja convention last week.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
On a more serious note.

What if the loyalists can't get a seat at Falmer because the new fans buy all the best tickets?

Ther'll be trouble then I tell ee' look at all the shit we had about West Ham tickets going to the part timers and bandwagoners...

All the bonhommie will go then.

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
Im thinking about forming a 'new fans alliance' - maybe use my corporate contacts to buy out most of the North Stand tickets for my mates Tarquin and Charles and campaign for goal music and foam supporters hands......

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Im thinking about forming a 'new fans alliance' - maybe use my corporate contacts to buy out most of the North Stand tickets for my mates Tarquin and Charles and campaign for goal music and foam supporters hands......

I think you should.

That sounds ACE

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oi Reading Seagull, fancy forming the Berkshire Seagulls? Me as chairman, you as Lifetime President?!!

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
Ladies...please.

Apologies !

Anyway, back to the original question....dont think there is anything wrong with asking it and I'm sure we all welcome all 'new' fans. Imagine the influx is due to a genuine belief that things are looking good for a change. Better football, stadium on the way, godsend of a chairman - who wouldnt want to get involved !

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've been to 3 or 4 albion matches a season for the past 5 years. I was a Premiership club armchair supporter for 25 years but I finally made the permanent switch to a Seagull last season and am loving it. Better late than never.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Apologies !

Anyway, back to the original question....dont think there is anything wrong with asking it and I'm sure we all welcome all 'new' fans. Imagine the influx is due to a genuine belief that things are looking good for a change. Better football, stadium on the way, godsend of a chairman - who wouldnt want to get involved !

Indeed.

I have fielded all the comments about being an Albion supporter...especially here in Essex...usually a mixture of amusement and homophobia but also some respect for passionate support at our lowly level.

The most common theme has actually been interest, my little lad goes to little kickers on Saturday mornings in his little Albion strip among all the West Ham and Spurs kits.

The amount of other Dads who have come up to us and chatted about the Albion, how we're doing, how the stadiums going etc. etc....well, its really amazing.

We're well liked you know, people remember that we were once a serious force in the game...and we will be again no doubt. The only real pricks I meet up here are the Chelsea ones..thankfully in a massive minority in these parts...what utter f***ing knobs they are. Ignorant twats, all on the bandwagon with no tradition and no respect.

I'm called "Brighton Nick" in my local pub and have lots of good banter with the happy hammers therein.

I love the Albion. I really really love the Albion.

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border
Not a new supporter and been popping into the Withdean from time to time, but now got a season ticket for obvious reasons. I had promised myself never to go to a home game until we had a home of our own one more, following the closure of the Goldstone, but felt I was cutting my nose off to spite my face. Previously followed the Albion on many away ventures, but now its time to put the feet under the Withdean carpet for the first and last time.

I am new to NSC though and I decided to subscribe following a chat with colleagues on Saturday after the MK Dons game. Seems a good way of keeping up to date with things and off gassing when it seems appropriate.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I so happe to be moving back to the UK in summer 2011 so I'll definately be getting to a lot more games (won't be living in sussex though, so no ST).

I was wondering if people might get the impression I'm one of these glory-hunter falmer fans if I tell them I've started going to a lot more matches next season. :amex:

I was involved in some of the Falmer campaigning (albeit from far away at times :laugh:) and have supported the Albion for many, many years, so its just a coincidence that I'll be at more games last year :) A very nice one may I add (padded seats? :thumbsup:)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I so happe to be moving back to the UK in summer 2011 so I'll definately be getting to a lot more games (won't be living in sussex though, so no ST).

I was wondering if people might get the impression I'm one of these glory-hunter falmer fans if I tell them I've started going to a lot more matches next season. :amex:

I was involved in some of the Falmer campaigning (albeit from far away at times :laugh:) and have supported the Albion for many, many years, so its just a coincidence that I'll be at more games last year :) A very nice one may I add (padded seats? :thumbsup:)

I would'nt think anyone will notice tbh.

On that glorious first day at Falmer, it'll be a new beginning for everyone.

This thread has garnered more PM's to me from newbies and old timers than anything else I have ever posted (8 so far) all of them just wanting to be mates.

Pretty touching.

No more Newbie baiting from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here