Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans...whats it like??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Thanks all who bit.

There is a proud tradition of piss taking on NSC, which,hopefully, you will all go on to maintain. It has certainly been absent on here for a while.

To those who know me..you will appreciate that I welcome all the new fans...like I said, we need you, just f***ing get a sense of humour all of you eh?

The Jackal

Sep 10, 2010
Just got fed up sitting outside all the time and thought it was time I came in, been an Albion fan since 82.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Thanks all who bit.

There is a proud tradition of piss taking on NSC, which,hopefully, you will all go on to maintain. It has certainly been absent on here for a while.

To those who know me..you will appreciate that I welcome all the new fans...like I said, we need you, just f***ing get a sense of humour all of you eh?

Brilliant progress Dad, now everyone thinks you and I are ignorant twats :laugh:

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Though hypocritically, I am a new fan too, sure I came to a game here and there, I was truly only beginning to care when you took me to the Millwall game when Micky Adams was kicked out, so technically Im just as new as any of you folk here, just that I joined two years ago with another account and as far as I was concerned Falmer was going to be great, but then just a bunch of diggers moving about piles of dirt.

Howdy,

I'm a "new" fan as it were, I've been a huge Liverpool fan for 20 years (and still am) but I've always lived in the south so have only managed to get to Anfield a few times.

My son was born 5 years a go and I moved to Crawley so i would love to take him to some games but Liverpool is a pain in the arse to get to so i started looking at the teams round me and there was Palace, Crawley and Brighton within the local area.

Due to my hatred of London and going there that ruled out Palace, Crawley are just too poor a standard to go and watch and get an atmosphere (even though i still hope they win and watch their results) so that left Brighton, i love spending a day out with the family there they had a new stadium in the pipeline and they were at a half decent level of football and seemed like a club with a future.

Since then I check this forum and the official site on a regular basis and watch the highlights every week.

When the new stadium is up and going ill be taking my kids down for a day out in Brighton and a game.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone and i don't mean to sound patronizing but Liverpool are kind of my fantasy team (insert jokes here) and Brighton are my realistic team and local enough to feel local to me.

Your story is a tad like mine! i'm born and bred in Plymouth but i've never been interested in Argyle at all ( their fans are mostly chav twats to be honest). I've been a Manchester City fan since birth, (dad is a manc) but Brighton are my adopted team, not due to the new stadium or anything, because its like my second home, basically all my best friends live there( i met them during my short time in the navy a couple of years ago), and my best friend who lives here in plymouth..her girlfriend lives in brighton too (they met through me). So i have a lot of love for Brighton! And when i can drive (test is on the 29th of next month ;) ) i'll be heading up a lot more. So that's my life story practically :laugh: and also my defence.. because i'm not a plastic fan who's just in it for the glorious new stadium :wink:
:albion1:

And yes..i am going to the Plymouth v Brighton game next week, sitting with the seagulls fans obvs. ;)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Online footy fans is equivalent to about 1% of all fans at most???

I hope so. As that would mean there are more than 500,000 Albion fans, judging by the number of members of NSC.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's an interesting question. We have lost more than 2/3rds of the fans who used to follow the Albion when I 1st went back in the mid 70's. They haven't all died and there have to be as many who were too young or not even born to make up for those that have gone. I know quite a few people who ended up going to London to watch football in the Archer/Bellotti days. It would seem if they could change their allegiances and travel to London and back for games, that they will change it back very easily once they have a stadium and a team worth following.

We have been absolutely shit for a number of years until very recently and although I consider myself a pretty died in the wool fan, I have actually not been too bothered to miss games until recently. It was not that hard to give up wasting your money on the dross on offer, especially when coupled with high prices and arguably the worst ground in the league.

There must be many reasons why fans start watching the Albion or come back to watching them. The thread starter asks a reasonable and interesting question imo.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Thanks all who bit.

thats funny??

so those of us with a slight modicum of intelligence should possibly wonder -with your sense of humour obviously satisfied(?) how many brain cells have you actually got??

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think people have taken Bevendean the wrong way here, its was a genuine question I reckon in jest and a fair question. I hadnt been to Withdean the last couple of seasons but would have been well up for starting to go again now its gonna be better

Though having moved to SA due to a work opportunity, if it all works out it shall be a while before I get so see Albion again

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Thanks all who bit.

Maybe you need to appreciate that if as you said this tradition has been missing for a while then those of us who are new wont know about it and may actually be annoyed by the apparent insinuations (I know I have spelt that wrong by the way!)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
thats funny??

so those of us with a slight modicum of intelligence should possibly wonder -with your sense of humour obviously satisfied(?) how many brain cells have you actually got??

Probably the same as you.

Listen, if you read the original post...which I doubt...you will see I have said that ALL new fans are welcome, that we need them, and that the newbies have been up to something in the wilderness years, and that they are now flocking back. GOOD

Some posters have understood that this was tongue in cheek, that it is something that a lot of us have joked about before during and after games..including some of the faux outraged who have responded on here...If you go to games I suspect you have heard it yourself...oh...hang on.

It won't deter a single one of the newbies, and if it does, well frankly they should stick with supporting Man U or Liverpool because they won't fit in with the cynical support at the Albion.

I see it as a privelege to have supported the Albion, STH at Withdean with a 200 mile round trip, throughout the troubled years, and I think that people who chose to punish the club for being homeless by wandering off and supporting someone else SHOULD be made to feel a pang of guilt for doing so.

If you don't like it...well, you can stick it up your arse quite frankly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thats funny??

although that is not taking into account a sneeze he may just have had

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Maybe you need to appreciate that if as you said this tradition has been missing for a while then those of us who are new wont know about it and may actually be annoyed by the apparent insinuations (I know I have spelt that wrong by the way!)

Well, if you get annoyed by a snide comment on here, hoe long are you going to last as an Albion fan with 1,000 Tranmere fans calling you a bender?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Well, if you get annoyed by a snide comment on here, hoe long are you going to last as an Albion fan with 1,000 Tranmere fans calling you a bender?
I learnt to cope with that a long time ago. and being female most of the chants in relation to does your boyfriend know your here etc normally get laughed at!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I learnt to cope with that a long time ago. and being female most of the chants in relation to does your boyfriend know your here etc normally get laughed at!

Does your boyfriend know your here?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here