Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New contract for Evan Ferguson - signed until 2028

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Pleased about this, will get better development here than else where and has plenty of time

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
On the face of it this seems like excellent news, however the sceptic in me wonders if this is just a ploy to earn both him and us a better payday when the scavengers come hunting, which isnt a bad thing just not as good as the idea that he wants to build his career with us.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ferguson stays, at least this summer. A move right now would be one hell of a gamble for his career. He's in the perfect place with us and I'm pretty sure he'll know that.
Very pleased he's signed a new long term contract.
If he were to go this summer we'd need to pull two forwards out of Tony's magic hat, which quite honestly isn't likely to happen.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
The way he chose Brighton over Liverpool etc says a lot. Also, even if he stays until 2028 (which he obviously won't), he'll still be 23, so there's no rush.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On the face of it this seems like excellent news, however the sceptic in me wonders if this is just a ploy to earn both him and us a better payday when the scavengers come hunting, which isnt a bad thing just not as good as the idea that he wants to build his career with us.
I think we all need to be a little less misty eyed. There is no face of it or ploy, it is excellent news. He is a professional footballer wanting to get paid the most he can and advance his career, we're a football club with an asset we want to protect and keep as long as we can, but sell for as much as we can if that happens. Whether it transpires he stays for many seasons, or gets sold, that's football. We scavenge footballers from other clubs just like everyone else does, and try to get rid of the ones we don't want.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That’s basically what an improved contract does. Hasn’t done Dunk any harm

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I must say, I am tremendously excited by all of this

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
Isn't this the complete opposite of what we're trying to do?
Whilst that is true, I don't think we can always rely on youngsters to come in and perform whilst still on peanuts. Sometimes we are going to have to pay for a Top 10 player out of the box and they will want a Top 10 salary. I fully expect we are aiming to be a Top 10 team with salaries in the 12-14 place range so more than we currently pay but still being efficient with it.
Apologies, I should have expanded on my previous post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here