NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hah, beat you to it :smile:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seen some reports of it being an 8 year contract. That doesn't seem quite right, surely?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Seen some reports of it being an 8 year contract. That doesn't seem quite right, surely?

Mike McGrath, who broke the story, didn't mention that. The only place I've seen talk of 8 years is Seagulls Central on Twitter, who presumably just read the original Telegraph story and decided to add a bit to seem ITK.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If it is eight years a certain someone is going to be in amortisation heaven...and dozens of lucrative media appearances explaining it to us mortals. 🙂

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mike McGrath, who broke the story, didn't mention that. The only place I've seen talk of 8 years is Seagulls Central on Twitter, who presumably just read the original Telegraph story and decided to add a bit to seem ITK.
Ah so, basically untrue then.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A new contract is excellent news. Well done Evan, you richly deserve it.

On the signing for 8 years. Obviously this is unconfirmed, and very well might not be true in this instance, but did I remember the story correctly that UEFA / FIFA have changed the rules so that amortisation can now happen over a maximum of 5 years, however this will only apply for contracts signed after the end of this season, meaning that if you can get a long term contract signed before July, you can “take advantage” of this rule as Chelsea have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here