Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New contract for Evan Ferguson - signed until 2028

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A new contract is excellent news. Well done Evan, you richly deserve it.

On the signing for 8 years. Obviously this is unconfirmed, and very well might not be true in this instance, but did I remember the story correctly that UEFA / FIFA have changed the rules so that amortisation can now happen over a maximum of 5 years, however this will only apply for contracts signed after the end of this season, meaning that if you can get a long term contract signed before July, you can “take advantage” of this rule as Chelsea have?
Amortisation is to do with applying the transfer fee, salary is just spread over the term anyway but doesn’t really affect FFP

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
A new contract is excellent news. Well done Evan, you richly deserve it.

On the signing for 8 years. Obviously this is unconfirmed, and very well might not be true in this instance, but did I remember the story correctly that UEFA / FIFA have changed the rules so that amortisation can now happen over a maximum of 5 years, however this will only apply for contracts signed after the end of this season, meaning that if you can get a long term contract signed before July, you can “take advantage” of this rule as Chelsea have?
That's true, however in this case there is nothing to amortise as there is no transfer fee. Or that's how I understand, a £100 a week is a £100 a week whether 1, 2 or 20 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out on loan?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That's true, however in this case there is nothing to amortise as there is no transfer fee. Or that's how I understand, a £100 a week is a £100 a week whether 1, 2 or 20 years.
Yes that's certainly true.

Also remembering that Evan came through our youth ranks since the age of 15, so amortisation of fee not so much the issue in this example.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Veltman is out of contract in June.
I think he is exploring his options. He spoke to Dutch media a couple of weeks ago saying he's happy here but isn't ruling out a move to Spain or Italy.

I imagine it depends if we get into Europe or not. I suppose he also wants guarantees of first team football.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I wonder what @Mustafa II ’s take on this is?
images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here