Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New contract for Evan Ferguson - signed until 2028

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Best phrase in the English/Irish/Dutch/Italian etc lexicon. More people should use it. A personal fave either way, you just need an appropriate situation to drop it into, and if one doesn’t present itself manufacture one.
Great boss and a friend
Best phrase in the English/Irish/Dutch/Italian etc lexicon. More people should use it. A personal fave either way, you just need an appropriate situation to drop it into, and if one doesn’t present itself manufacture one.

When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer's always the same, to me, they're not mutually exclusive

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Looking at the reddit thread on this it was interesting to see that fans of other clubs overwhelmingly see this as good for Evan Ferguson.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I asked PB about the wage structure changing if we vie for Europe and he was clear the answer was "no change". Unless we start making considerably more in revenue over a consistent period (i.e. qualify for Europe 2/3 seasons in a row or raise the ticket prices considerably) there isn't room to change the wage structure sustainably.

I'd imagine that due to some big names leaving and not being replaced immediately (Cucurella, Trossard, Bissouma, Maupay) there is space to "promote" internal players into bigger squad roles and for their wages to match that (Caicedo fills Bissouma's wage hole, Ferguson picks up Maupay's etc.).

... Aaaaand right on cue in today's Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tus-andrea-agnelli-fabio-paratici-plusvalenze

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
There we go again, turning Sunday's negatives into this week's positives. Love Tony and love this club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm a bit worried. A new contract is often a prelude to a big money transfer, no?
Serious? I think you may have been reading some of the fans’ odd views on the Caicedo thread! It makes an immanent move far far far less likely - you’ll still get the clickbait all Summer though..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here