Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New caterers appointed

They have ruined every military camp they have the contract for. Awful food, rubbish training, totally appalling management. Dreadfull. When i read the OP my heart sank. Big contract, money stealing w*&kers. Only saving grace is that they sponsor the Army Rugby Team.

Worst. Company. Ever.

Yeah, but apart from that?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So long as
A) they keep Piglet's pies

... I will be happy

They need to keep local ales! Hope this is ring fenced. Please no wide selections of cooking lagers.

I'm assuming we'll still get the award winning pies?

I understand Paul Barber told a gathered NW Sussex Seagulls meeting earlier this year that Harvey's and Piglet's were part of the contract - and that the new caterers had to take them on board.

I may have mis-read or mis-remembered that, so can someone from that fine institution confirm?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Slighty o/t here, but I don't understand the big deal about supplying the away fans with a beer from their locality.

For example, if I went up to Nottingham, I'd be after a beer local to there. The last thing I'd be looking for is a pint of Harveys.

Yes, but down here, they have a choice Harvey's AND local brew.

So if you went to Nottingham, the along those same lines you'd be offered, say, Castle Rock and Harvey's.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sudoku_175x175.png

sudoku.jpg

Nailed it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So long as
A) they keep Piglet's pies - Part of the tender process, I think. So, almost certain these will be staying.
B) they don't put up the prices - Ummm, they almost certainly will. Perhaps not on day 1 of the season, but it's a dead cert by Xmas, imo.
C) They keep the Guinness - dunno.

... I will be happy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sodexo are huge, so they will be similar to Azure I'd imagine. On the flipside, they should have a lot of experience.

They have ruined every military camp they have the contract for. Awful food, rubbish training, totally appalling management. Dreadfull. When i read the OP my heart sank. Big contract, money stealing w*&kers. Only saving grace is that they sponsor the Army Rugby Team.

Worst. Company. Ever.
You could trawl the internet for horror stories about any multi-national corporate giant - and find them.

The issues for Albion fans will be the same as ever. Can they manage a queue properly? Is what I want to eat or drink readily available? How quick is the service? Are the staff cheerful and efficient?

My own experience at the Amex is that things vary from location to location. North Stand concourse - generally reasonable, with occasional lapses; East Stand Lower concourse - appallingly slow service; West Stand Lower Concourse - variable; Dick's Bar - now excellent.

Where the headquarters of the new caterers is located is immaterial. What matters is how the stadium arrangements are managed. As long as customer service topped the list of the Club's priorities when the tenderer was selected, we'll be fine. Provided they deliver.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jesus, I thought I was in a minority of one.

Vive la revolution.

Not at all, plenty who agree. the pastry tastes like cake, its rank when soggy and tastes like dust when cooked.

no doubt ill be told its not piglets fault but the people who cook them, but i just dont think they are that great.

would be nice to have another option.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Worst. Company. Ever.

This!
Sodexo took over the catering at the company I used to work for and it ended up a shambles. Most people I worked with ended up bringing their own food in as Sodexo's offerings were of very poor quality and expensive.
Not impressed by this appointment by the club, Sodexo may have improved since I last had dealings with them, but I'm not holding my breath.

:nono:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Not at all, plenty who agree. the pastry tastes like cake, its rank when soggy and tastes like dust when cooked.

no doubt ill be told its not piglets fault but the people who cook them, but i just dont think they are that great.

would be nice to have another option.

The pies are very good quality IMO but I am just bored with them after two seasons. The special pie never seems to be available when I arrive around 2:15pm.

That said, we are not forced to buy anything

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Worst. Company. Ever.

This!
Sodexo took over the catering at the company I used to work for and it ended up a shambles. Most people I worked with ended up bringing their own food in as Sodexo's offerings were of very poor quality and expensive.
Not impressed by this appointment by the club, Sodexo may have improved since I last had dealings with them, but I'm not holding my breath.

:nono:

Yeah they have experience of serving the worst quality of food, by the worst trained staff being led a management team that don't give a flying F with zero focus on customer service. If you want hot bottles of fosters and frozen pukka pies sold to you for a 'special price' of £7, if you want, when you complain, to get a form to fill out and send to H/O and not have your complaint dealt with there and then because no one has the authority to do refunds on the till, if you want John Smiths as your only bitter option then this is the company for you. There is no one else like it. These bunch of clowns will make Azure look like a well oiled service team from the Ritz.

This is the first time in a while i completely disagree with what the club have done. I am willing to be proved wrong, and by god i hope i am, but i wont be.

I think Soxedo PRESTIGE is a whole different ball game...

http://www.sodexoprestige.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here