Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New caterers appointed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You dislike the company rather than the product as you have stated many times before. Then you usually say it's not as good as Timothy Taylors Landlord which as every beer drinker knows isn't even a bitter

I dislike the company am not impressed with the beer and to say Timothy Taylors Landlord is notn a bitter is splitting hairs as to all intents and purpose it is a light beer/bitter. Given the choice I drink London Pride.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I dislike the company am not impressed with the beer and to say Timothy Taylors Landlord is notn a bitter is splitting hairs as to all intents and purpose it is a light beer/bitter. Given the choice I drink London Pride.
Which tastes like watered down Harvey's...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sodexo are huge, so they will be similar to Azure I'd imagine. On the flipside, they should have a lot of experience.

As with all contracts of this nature the quality of the service will depend very much on how good the local management team they bring in are. And prices will deffo go up at some point next season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They have ruined every military camp they have the contract for. Awful food, rubbish training, totally appalling management. Dreadfull. When i read the OP my heart sank. Big contract, money stealing w*&kers. Only saving grace is that they sponsor the Army Rugby Team.

Worst. Company. Ever.

But other than that you've no complaints?

lol.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Harveys is an absolute treat to me and part of the Amex experience.

I've stopped buying any food there because the quality I feel decreased from the opening.

I won't be buying any overpriced "cooking lager" or John Smiths either.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You could trawl the internet for horror stories about any multi-national corporate giant - and find them.

Where the headquarters of the new caterers is located is immaterial. What matters is how the stadium arrangements are managed.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.:thumbsup:

Barber Out.:angry:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There's no way the club would absolutely **** up the experience of the beer drinkers would they? Harvey's has to stay or they'll lose around £250 of my booze money this season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I heard a rumour yesterday that Harvey's ave been asked to price their tender again and the offering the albion are looking to make is well below Harvey's price.

Only a rumour, but that will be interesting if the local brewer is ditched.

John smiths and carling all round then!

I was shouted down when I suggested the new catering contract would have repercussions with piglets pies and Harveys being replaced by pukka pies , Carling and John Smiths as "local" being replaced with "corporate". Even though Mr Barber has said Harveys and Piglets Pies were more or less a protected species it doesn't necessarily mean they will survive in the long term.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sodexo have stated yesterday that Harveys and Piglets will be staying on the menu. Some new products will be seen though on opening day. The £25M contract lasts for 5 years.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Sodexo have stated yesterday that Harveys and Piglets will be staying on the menu. Some new products will be seen though on opening day. The £25M contract lasts for 5 years.

Mrs Fef hopes that they will keep the jacket potatoes in WSL.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

They've said that they'll be 'in the starting lineup for next season', no more than that.

Now that definately doesn't necessarily mean the axe is planned, but there is no real ongoing commitment in those words either.

I hope they stay for a long time, but inevitably, we just need to wait and see.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'd like to see the 'away' beer on the home concourses to supplement the local ales. For some matches they could also do a mini beer festival where local brewers are invited to the stadium to offer a small selection of there ales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here