Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I watched Knuckle the other evening. Docu-film about feuding Irish traveller families who settle their differences by bare knuckle boxing. It's an interesting watch.

The videos they send each other are hilarious, they are like something out of WWF back in the day. Plus before the days of the internet they were sent by post on VHS.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Love, Death & Robots is the most consistently brilliant "series" I have seen for a long time. Admittedly I'm a big animation fan, but this is top drawer.

There are three (what they call) volumes of programmes. Mainly because each one is a one off between 7 and 15 minutes long. All using different animation styles and different genres - though mainly focussing on sci-fi.

It's an absolute treat where the standard never drops. Thought provoking, entertaining, funny, pathos, violent. It's a belter and I highly recommend.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Knuckle, on Gypsy family feuds is very interesting, taking out the violence its about a sense of right and wrong and wonky moral compasses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone else a bit done with Netflix?

The last good original film I watched was Don't Look Up.
I've not found a 'that'll do' film quite a while, either.

And I'll have to check back through this thread for whatever was the last mini season - so hardly memorable.

I wish I could get HBO instead, but their deal with Sky Atlantic would suggest that's not happening any time soon.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

And I'll have to check back through this thread for whatever was the last mini season - so hardly memorable.

I wish I could get HBO instead, but their deal with Sky Atlantic would suggest that's not happening any time soon.

See my post above re Love, Death & Robots.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Love, Death & Robots is the most consistently brilliant "series" I have seen for a long time. Admittedly I'm a big animation fan, but this is top drawer.

There are three (what they call) volumes of programmes. Mainly because each one is a one off between 7 and 15 minutes long. All using different animation styles and different genres - though mainly focussing on sci-fi.

It's an absolute treat where the standard never drops. Thought provoking, entertaining, funny, pathos, violent. It's a belter and I highly recommend.

Another vote for this series. It is outstanding. Jibaro (the last one in the current series) is brilliant. Each episode is stand alone for those unaware and the longest is 20 mins I think (most shorter than that).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Why don't you just get Now Entertainment?

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I still have season 2 of the Witcher and Russian doll to watch , finished ozark and was a bit disappointed with the ending . The boyz season 3 starts on prime this week

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The new series (4) of Stranger Things is working well round our parts.

Not so much at Rune Towers. The change in inspiration from the likes of the goonies to 80’s teen horror as not gone down well. The actors had to grow up and things had to change so it was inevitable but all the new drug and sex references along with the graphic horror violence is not so much fun.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not so much at Rune Towers. The change in inspiration from the likes of the goonies to 80’s teen horror as not gone down well. The actors had to grow up and things had to change so it was inevitable but all the new drug and sex references along with the graphic horror violence is not so much fun.
Interesting. I thought it was fantastic, best season yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just in the nick of time Netflix redeems itself.

The Guard - superb film.

A stand out performance from Brendon Gleeson ably assisted by Danny Welbeck.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

The Guard - superb film.

Sticking plaster over a gaping wound with that old film I’m afraid Stat, bin off Flix and get your cheeks over to Disney for £7.99 a month and start tucking into this cheeky little monkey, it’ll inspire you to turn off your TV set and go do something more interesting instead :

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Guard - superb film.

I thought Danny plays Lucas in the latest round of Stranger Things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here