Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The first three episodes of Better Call Saul have been superb. No spoilers but this weeks.....wow!! Up there with the best Breaking Bad episodes.

Slightly annoying it's only one episode a week and there is going to be a mid season break.

But Ozark is out today which has once again dragged me back in. AND Stranger Things out in a month.

Oh FFS - I'm ploughing my way through Top Boy on my commute, and stuff like this is piling up...

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Have seen the first two episodes of "Heartstopper"

While it maybe a bit niche for some (nerdy boy falls for the apparently straight school rugby star)- its brilliantly done, and being British the actors are age appropriate- ie not 25 year olds trying to play 16-18 year olds, which makes a lot of American series unwatchable.

Its more in the style of " Love Simon", and "Love, Victor" than "Queer as folk" so family friendly and a nice gentle short ( 6 x 30 min episodes I think) easy watch

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The first three episodes of Better Call Saul have been superb. No spoilers but this weeks.....wow!! Up there with the best Breaking Bad episodes.

Slightly annoying it's only one episode a week and there is going to be a mid season break.

But Ozark is out today which has once again dragged me back in. AND Stranger Things out in a month.

Yep...it's sort of turning into breaking bad, but I suppose that's the idea

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1520306339796463616[/tweet]

Not watched it yet, but this might appeal to people of a certain generation/taste in music.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Just had an email to say it's going up next month. Mine won't be. They can f*ck off. The standard of their original films plus the general rise in living costs might mean many will be leaving.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fantastic.

The true story behind Sweden’s most notorious gangster, Clark Olofsson, whose infamous crimes gave rise to the term “Stockholm Syndrome”.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Anatomy of a Scandal.

Mrs h and I binged watched over the last 48 hours, wonder how close to the antics of the Bullingdon Boys its based on? Excellent viewing

I would have to disagree. Appallingly scripted, ridiculous assumptions, acted as if by people who are dubbed. Its not even so bad its good.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
They seem to be offering a lot of interviews and labelling them as "exclusive", new insights blah, blah, blah on serial killers, Marilyn Monroe etc. when most of the time it is just re-hashing information which is in the public domain.

Their standards do seem to be slipping

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They seem to be offering a lot of interviews and labelling them as "exclusive", new insights blah, blah, blah on serial killers, Marilyn Monroe etc. when most of the time it is just re-hashing information which is in the public domain.

Their standards do seem to be slipping

I guess the pressure to come up with new content is taking its toll on Netflix, especially with us all having binge-watched during lockdown. Hard to imagine them coming up with high quality localised series like, say, 'Dark' (Germany) or 'Katla' (Iceland) anymore. Just seems to be more and more based on formulaic tropes

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Finished Ozark. Was ok.

Finished it last night. Had really enjoyed the last installment but found the last couple of episodes very underwhelming and the ending very meh!

So OK is probably the best way to describe the whole lot. When it was good it was brilliant but far too slow at times. It did have the ability to lose its appeal and then drag you right back in which is did to me a few times.

I know they've said it will be the last season but so many things left open that it wouldn't surprise me if there was another one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Finished it last night. Had really enjoyed the last installment but found the last couple of episodes very underwhelming and the ending very meh!

So OK is probably the best way to describe the whole lot. When it was good it was brilliant but far too slow at times. It did have the ability to lose its appeal and then drag you right back in which is did to me a few times.

I know they've said it will be the last season but so many things left open that it wouldn't surprise me if there was another one.

Gave up a couple of episodes into the first half of this last series. Used to love it. Now it’s boring.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Or a spin-off ‘Better Call Jonah’ comprised of 172,000 ‘seasons’ of hastily cobbled together fare, in which Farty Turd (Marty Byrd), aka actor Jason Bateman, makes several cameos as his Arrested Development character Michael Bluth...and no one can tell the difference.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Or a spin-off ‘Better Call Jonah’ comprised of 172,000 ‘seasons’ of hastily cobbled together fare, in which Farty Turd (Marty Byrd), aka actor Jason Bateman, makes several cameos as his Arrested Development character Michael Bluth...and no one can tell the difference.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I loved Arrested Development but you are right he is playing basically the same character just a lot more darker subject matter.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Agreed the ending was very meh - the wrong characters got shot for a start! I hope they don't make more, if they do I will probably give it a swerve. Pretty much every Netflix made series I have watched has been soooo slow, seems to be the modern way unfortunately.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Ozark has been a great watch from start to finish.
I think the ending was right, apart from Ruth 'shut your fvck nugget mouth' Langmore being shot was sad, as I thought her character would prevail.

Last edited:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Not sure if it's Netflix as got via Captain Pugwash but really surprised with The Man Who Fell To Earth...

Usually hate remakes with a vengeance but this very well done with the bloke who was in 12 years a slave as Bowie, Miss Moneypenny swearing a lot and Bill Nighy as a cockney alien geezer...

What's not to like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here