[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Correct ….binge watched it over two nights this week after it was recommended on here …having watched the previous series I was delighted they’d made another

I only discovered Borgen fairly recently and have binged the lot, including Power and Glory.
Rather bereft now that I have finished it.:down:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
We fancied watching a film last night, and stumbled across the current No. 2 in the UK on Netflix - Interceptor. Produced by Chris Hemsworth (with him playing a small but ridiculous part in the film) it is a story set on one of the nuke-intercepting missile bases the US has to stop a Russian attack. The plot holes were so many that it made us both fancy some Swiss cheese, and we were able to guess much of "what happens next". It was so poor that we wanted to see how it all played out...thankfully the film wasn't too long. Approach with caution!

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Two Summers (Twee Zomers)

A group of friends get together thirty years after one of the members died in an accident. A relaxing vacation changes into a nightmare, when some of the friends are blackmailed with footage from that terrible week three decades ago.

It’s dubbed, but the acting is very good.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We fancied watching a film last night, and stumbled across the current No. 2 in the UK on Netflix - Interceptor. Produced by Chris Hemsworth (with him playing a small but ridiculous part in the film) it is a story set on one of the nuke-intercepting missile bases the US has to stop a Russian attack. The plot holes were so many that it made us both fancy some Swiss cheese, and we were able to guess much of "what happens next". It was so poor that we wanted to see how it all played out...thankfully the film wasn't too long. Approach with caution!

I enjoyed it as a film to watch over a meal…I don’t worry about plot holes when I don’t need to be cerebrally challenged, the stuff she did with a bullet in her arm lol…..popcorn stuff

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Two Summers (Twee Zomers)

A group of friends get together thirty years after one of the members died in an accident. A relaxing vacation changes into a nightmare, when some of the friends are blackmailed with footage from that terrible week three decades ago.

It’s dubbed, but the acting is very good.

Currently on episode 4

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I quite enjoyed The Midwhich Cuckoos on Stan

Could have been better though. Enjoyable.

Started From last night which also looks okay.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Is decent enough, although you have to suspend disbelief. I dipped out on the episode **spoiler alert** where two of them gatecrashed some big boss’s wedding and, surrounded by a hundred or so guests, including many ‘heavies’ they managed to control the situation with one handgun between them, possibly two. Equally ridiculous was the main man, stocky, short and bald, managing to score a date with some hot and statuesque doctor when they had nothing whatsoever in common, and who asked nothing about his job or life during lunch, him also blowing her out and then her agreeing to see him again
:lolol:

That said, might go back to it.

His relationship in Series 3 is even more ridiculous!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
RRR

This is an epic story (just over 3 hours long) set in British Empire-ruled India, one man Bheem is sent from his village to retrieve a young girl "bought" (stolen) by local british governer. Meanwhile, another man with his own past, Raju, currntly working for (british controlled) police, is tasked with hunting down a mysterious man whom his superiors have few details about. Raju and Bheem become close friends, until they realise Bheem is the man Raju was tasked with hunting. But Raju has his own motivations for working for the British government.

This was so much fun. From the energetic dance routines to the over the top violence and ridiculous action set pieces. 92% rotten tomatoes (94% audience score), 8.1 on IMDb, made it on to What culture's best of 2022 so far list.

https://youtu.be/NgBoMJy386M

That's Ray Stevenson as the British governor (from punisher war zone, thor, at home with the braithwaites, band of gold), and Alison Doody (from A view to a kill, indiana jones and the last crusade, major league II) as his wife.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Apologies if fixtures but just watched first 3 of 'Love and Anarchy' ( Karlek & Anarki ) , a Swedish office comedy about a flirty relationship between a young IT bloke and a married female office boss...

The chemistry between the 2 protagonists is amazing and is really binge worthy @ 1/2 hour a pop...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last night I watched the new Chris Hemsworth Miles Teller film.

Review:-

A bit shit.

End of review.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watching Longboarding from LA to NY.

A bunch of Rupert's on an unprepared jaunt, skateboarding across the US for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Everything about it should be really eyerolling, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it.

Once again, and as always, the winners are the good people of America.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DB Cooper Where Are You?

I've not seen this documentary, but am aware of the case through a couple of different sources.
If you like this kind of caper I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
DB Cooper Where Are You?

I've not seen this documentary, but am aware of the case through a couple of different sources.
If you like this kind of caper I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this.

Is it as good as the Storyville on DB Coope as that was excellent?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The short answer is almost nothing...

I had hoped it would show loads of Classics, but not at all.

Even when something comes up you think you want to watch it is the 3rd time around retread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports