Neil Mellor to the Albion ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think Mellor would be a great signing personally, definitely better then Barnes.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
This thread is a little bit embarrasing.

I'd be very pleased if we signed a player of Mellor's ability, personally. We could possibly do a little bit better, but I most certaintly wouldn't be dissapointed if we signed him.

Edit: 11, 12 and 10 in his previous three seasons in the Championship (34 in 69 starts and 60 substitute appearances for Preston). The only player to score more than six for us in a season in recent times at that level was Zamora..

He scores goals in spells, seems to be a confidence player like Murray. If anyone can get him playing consistently well at that level it's Poyet.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This thread is a little bit embarrasing.

I'd be very pleased if we signed a player of Mellor's ability, personally. We could possibly do a little bit better, but I most certaintly wouldn't be dissapointed if we signed him.

Edit: 11, 12 and 10 in his previous three seasons in the Championship (34 in 69 starts and 60 substitute appearances for Preston). The only player to score more than six for us in a season in recent times at that level was Zamora..

He scores goals in spells, seems to be a confidence player like Murray. If anyone can get him playing consistently well at that level it's Poyet.

This... he would be a good signing, with potential to be a great one...

Sep 1, 2010
Just do not rate the guy, overweight lump in my opinion. Amazing that all over a sudden you have a striker with a 'come and get me' statement whereas before nobody was interested so it's looking up in that sense that players are seeking us than the other way round in a lot of cases

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I take all of this as a huge compliment that established championship players are issuing 'come and get me' statements, when a few years ago we struggled to sign decent players. It's a sign of just how far we have come already.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
17 goals in a shit Sheffield Wednesday side? You can't argue with that.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
All this 'not good enough for the championship' is total BOLLOCKS.
Did anyone think El Abd would be good enough, this time last year?

Sep 1, 2010
Well it is all opinion of course but every single time i have seen Mellor play on tv he has been average at best. Not good enough for the Championship is a little harsh but i would like us to aim for better than him

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like a broken pencil is Mellor - pointless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports