Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Mellor to the Albion ?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
In the Argus today saying he'd be interested in a move to us next year. Is he better than any of our current options though ?.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not good enough for Preston so not good enough for us either.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Could be Grant Holt type? I'd take him on a free over Sandaza but can we not get a better striker to go with Murray and Barnes next year? Wood might be a similar option. Of course if neither Wood or Murray re-signed, a big decent forward would be very useful but feel one of our 4 has to be a new striker with experience at this level (if only for a season to help bring on what we currently have). Liked him at Liverpool though maybe not as a top half Prem striker, so feel Champ he could do a good solid job.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here we go, speculation already on new players when not even promoted yet.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Would be a great link as he has the same name as that other guy that used to play for us in the 70's.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He has scored goals in a poor Sheffield Wednesday team. Would have got a lot more if playing up top for us I imagine.

From what little I have seen (so may not be really in a position to judge) is probably better than Sandaza or Wood.

I think Murray, Barnes and Mellor wouldn't be a bad starting point for an assault on the Championship. Add a PROPER good goal-grabber to that trio and I'd be happy.

That said, we don't know who else the magic man Gus has in mind...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Indeed. Mellor isn't awful. No doubt better than some players we currently have. And if we ended up with someone like him it wouldn't be terrible. I just think we can expect more exciting signings under Gustavo than this.

Would be a great link as he has the same name as that other guy that used to play for us in the 70's.

I think it is his dad.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He is a good player, I'd have him here definitely.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am sure he nearly signed in 2005 on loan from Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here