A quick snap of the Argus piece.

Attachments

• P1010193.jpg
    P1010193.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 685

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Thread should have been closed after this.

Fat and shit. No thanks.

Agreed. No surprise he issues a 'come get me' plea. He's playing for a poor div 1 team, were flying high and moving in to one of the best stadiums in the country. If he was good enough he would of gone on loan to a championship team.

Leave well alone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is he interested? This is just more shit journalism from The Argus. They do this often, ask questions which offer polite answers which they then dress up. He has alluded to wanting a move at the end of the season so the Argus asked if he'd consider us. Probably out of politeness, and not wanting to rule out options, he has not turned us down outright and said no. Nothing more.

As an aside how many players actually say "No, not a chance" when asked about playing for another club? Not many. It's shit journalism from a shit and not even local newspaper.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Dad was "Spider", Neil would presumably be a great big hairy tarantula.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tell you what, if I started up a new newspaper which contained nothing more than a jobs and Albion section I'd wipe the floor with the Argus and nothing would be lost.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Is he interested? This is just more shit journalism from The Argus. They do this often, ask questions which offer polite answers which they then dress up. He has alluded to wanting a move at the end of the season so the Argus asked if he'd consider us. Probably out of politeness, and not wanting to rule out options, he has not turned us down outright and said no. Nothing more.

As an aside how many players actually say "No, not a chance" when asked about playing for another club? Not many. It's shit journalism from a shit and not even local newspaper.

Take your point but actually I think most players would say "I have a contract with Preston and my only concern at the moment is doing well for Sheffield Wednesday". He's clearly angling for a move. As for whether he's good enough I don't know, but I'm guessing he'd get as many if not more than Barnes, let alone Wood and Sandaza given how SW have struggled this year.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why did Preston let him go out on loan to Sheff Wed in the first place? If they thought he was good enough to play in the Championship surely they'd have kept hold of him? After all, it could be argued that none of their players are of Championship standard, and if Mellor wasn't deemed good enough for that lot ...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not quite sure how anyone can say he is 'shit'. He has scored LOTS of goals for a TERRIBLE team, despite not always starting. his 2nd goal at the weekend was brilliant. A guy I work with who is a Wed fan has no idea how Morrison even gets a look in in-front of NM.

And for this 'he's fat' nonsense. If we had been linked with Holt when he was at Shrewsbury people would have said the same, and look at what he's achieved.

Obviously this is just a very weak rumour atm, but i certainly would have him in the squad, wages permitting.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus, who ate all the pies ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do we know the context of this revelation? Earlier in the week he was quoted as saying that he wanted to earn a permanent contract at Wednesday. Perhaps we are just a bargaining ploy? Certainly not worth taking much note of if that is the case.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think he likes wearing stripes because they're slimming.

I'd heard QPR and Celtic came in with massive deals but he turned them down straight away.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he any bigger than Chris Wood has been on occasions? Glenn Murray has also looked overweight in the past. I think we should look beyond being FATTISTs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports