Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's quick, a reasonable height (which we don't have much of), a good instinct for goal, and he's a good age and proven at Championship level.
In my view I think he would be a good addition as we're never going to be able to afford a top Prem striker, I think he would be a good potential addition and have reasonable sell on value at his age.

I'm very much of the Spingal school of thought - 'then why hasn't anyone bought him yet?'.

It feels like he's been on radars for at least 2 windows and he's a goal scoring striker.
What gives?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dare I say overrated by a lot of NSC?

I don't know about that.

Obvs I don't give a fook about him and wouldn't recognise the lad if he walked up to me in FKW mode and introduced himself as Ben Diaz.

I was beginning to think he was just the new Mitrovic, around these parts, hence asking 'why?' (twice)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't know about that.

Obvs I don't give a fook about him and wouldn't recognise the lad if he walked up to me in FKW mode and introduced himself as Ben Diaz.

I was beginning to think he was just the new Mitrovic, around these parts, hence asking 'why?' (twice)

If we sold Maupay, would you be happy enough with the depth of our strikers without him?

If not who would you like to see come in? You always knock suggestions by others but never actually make any positive suggestions yourself. In the case of Bereton Diaz, the reason I suggested him was as I think he would fit into our sytem and offer us something different as I've seen him play many times. I follow the Championship as much as I do the Prem.

I know you obviously enjoy winding people up on here and are one of the most commonly people put on 'ignore' behind b.w.2 and a couple of others, as is evident by so many of your comments but it would be nice to see if you had any positive suggestions (ever).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we sold Maupay, would you be happy enough with the depth of our strikers without him?

If not who would you like to see come in? You always knock suggestions by others but never actually make any positive suggestions yourself. In the case of Bereton Diaz, the reason I suggested him was as I think he would fit into our sytem and offer us something different as I've seen him play many times. I follow the Championship as much as I do the Prem.

I know you obviously enjoy winding people up on here and are one of the most commonly people put on 'ignore' behind b.w.2 and a couple of others, as is evident by so many of your comments but it would be nice to see if you had any positive suggestions (ever).
All I asked, twice, is what you saw in this fella to make you think he's worth £20m+.

I can't help thinking your inner monologue added a 'tone' to my initial question, that really wasn't there.

I don't like football, I don't watch football, if they haven't played against the Albion i have no idea who plays for whom and where.
Why, why, do you need my suggestions?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
All I asked, twice, is what you saw in this fella to make you think he's worth £20m+.

I can't help thinking your inner monologue added a 'tone' to my initial question, that really wasn't there.

I don't like football, I don't watch football, if they haven't played against the Albion i have no idea who plays for whom and where.
Why, why, do you need my suggestions?

Stat he is trying to get you into a debate / conversation on the subject :wink:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I once dated a contortionist. She was Ben Diaz and so was her mum. :mad:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It seems that US Salernitana 1919 have signed 3 strikers recently so surely won’t be in for Maupay anymore?

They’ve picked up Bonazzoli, Botheim and Diego Valencia so far.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems that US Salernitana 1919 have signed 3 strikers recently so surely won’t be in for Maupay anymore?

They’ve picked up Bonazzoli, Botheim and Diego Valencia so far.
Yes, it seems the deal is off.

[Tweet]1555979044126064640[/Tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here