Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In Italy it is believed that the bid from Salernitana wasn't £15m but about half of that, but that Brighton were asking for £15m.

Now it seems that Salernitana is picking up Bonazzoli from Sampdora instead and I think that means they won't sign Maupay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The current problem, is that Maupay doesn't enjoy being out of the starting eleven,
While many other players obviously share the same view, they keep quiet and don't do silly things.

The latest clever ploy from Maupay was just standing still, and not joining in the knock about with the other subs on Saturday.

Not the way I would suggest to force yourself back into the starting eleven. (I assume he puts the effort in during training).

Silly antics that will no doubt get him frozen out, and a move more likely.
For all you know GPott or the medical staff expressly told Maupay not to join in.
You have absolutely no idea of the whole story, so quite why you feel the need to impose your negative spin is beyond me.

Did he not clap at you?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Everything is coming together for a sale.

- Maupay coming to the end of his contract.

- Welbeck, Maupay, Undav and Ferguson competing for 1 centre forward place on the pitch ( and 1-2 on the bench ).

- The first half of the season being only 16 games - after which recall of Adingra or Sima is possible.

My assumption is that Potter really rates Ferguson.

All that said, I don't rule out another striker being brought in if a good deal is available.

Would he qualify for a work permit after half a season in Belgium?

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Would be more than happy with Undav and - yes! - Andone leading the line for the first half of the season. Who knows, maybe Arctic Benny might just accidentally stumble upon a winning combo up front

Tell me about all the successful loans that Andone has had? And while I’m optimistic Undav will be successful here, we’d both be able to speak with some actual knowledge, instead of blind hope, by January. I don’t want Maupay to go at all, but if he wants to go, then let’s have the team covered first.

Thankfully the club isn’t run along the lines of what makes either of us happy, but I’ve seen how patient fans can be with strikers who don’t hit the ground running, and I’d rather the manager had a chance to bring the new players in at a measured pace than drop too much weight on their shoulders before the first competitive match of the season.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This talk of it will be difficult to replace Maupay with the 15M or whatever, doesn't take into account of the Bissouma money which maybe invested in a replacement somewhere in the squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This talk of it will be difficult to replace Maupay with the 15M or whatever, doesn't take into account of the Bissouma money which maybe invested in a replacement somewhere in the squad.
Who did Undav replace ? Băluţa?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Yes.

With Østigård, Molumby and Taylor going out too, we’re probably at a net profit of £30m. Add Maupay’s £15m to that plus some other sales such as Duffy, Andone and Zeqiri and we’re looking at about £55m.

That’s £55m to invest in potentially Grillitsch, Cowill, Gomez and Kalajdžić plus a few more youths. (Other players are available).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we did not have such a patchy record recruiting decent strikers then I might not feel quite so nervous about shifting on our top goal scorer but selling Maupay means we are taking goals out of the team at a time we need to be adding them in. Maybe one of the unproven players signed into the squad might step up and make the difference but that feels like a risky strategy to me.

What many people aren't taking into account is that our midfield now contains the likes of Mac Allister, Caicedo, Mwepu, Moder. Not that long ago our goal-hungry(!) midfield was Bissouma, Stephens and Propper.
Genuine chance of all our midfielders scoring three. four, five or even six now - big difference from previous seasons! How many did we get from Bissouma, Stephens and Propper between them?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Could be good news if legit - football-italia.net are reporting that:

"Inter striker Andrea Pinamonti is on the verge of joining Salernitana, which could block Krzysztof Piatek and Neal Maupay.

Salernitana made no secret of their desire to completely revamp the front line after narrowly escaping relegation last season.

Under new President Danilo Iervolino, they are determined to pack the squad with quality this term for coach Davide Nicola.

Federico Bonazzoli is already on his way back from Sampdoria after an initial loan spell.

There is one more place to fill and it would appear to be going to Pinamonti, as Sky Sport Italia, Sportitalia and more all report a deal is close for €20m.

Inter will retain a buy-back option on the centre-forward at circa €30m, something Sassuolo and Monza were not prepared to give.

That would mean Salernitana cutting short their negotiations for other targets, such as Brighton and Hove Albion striker Maupay and Piatek of Hertha Berlin."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and for the record Salernitana is just south of Naples - so it's a no from me, Clive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here