Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If the situation is either we get nothing for him next year (think I’m right in saying his contract is up, and who knows whether he’s keen to sign another) or we get £15m for him now, and that gives us extra money in the kitty to go shopping for the dream striker then it could make sense to let him go. But if actually it’s a £15m sale to then just go out and sign a similar quality/price replacement then what’s the point.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Argus are reporting that Satsultana are confident of signing their man.

The bidding war that the club tried to start with the leaking of the bid has not yet come to fruition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club had better have another player lined up.

Welbeck misses.more than Maupay.
The rest are untried.
We'll be in the 6th season of 'the midfield should be contributing more than 1 (one) goal'.
&
'That was a free header'. 'well statistically corners shouldn't be celebrated'.

With the added bonus of Sanchez passing to the opposition stood next to him.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
An Italian newspaper reports it is only 7-8 M euros offered , nowhere near the 15M £ being talked about on here.
There surely has to be a higher bid than that for a PL striker scoring 8

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
An Italian newspaper reports it is only 7-8 M euros offered , nowhere near the 15M £ being talked about on here.
There surely has to be a higher bid than that for a PL striker scoring 8

Sounds a lot more likely tbh

Salernitana never paid more than £7m for any player... not quite sure where they would have found those £15m, Italian clubs are not really bathing in money.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

The bidding war that the club tried to start with the leaking of the bid has not yet come to fruition.

Maybe they're raisin their bid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everything is coming together for a sale.

- Maupay coming to the end of his contract.

- Welbeck, Maupay, Undav and Ferguson competing for 1 centre forward place on the pitch ( and 1-2 on the bench ).

- The first half of the season being only 16 games - after which recall of Adingra or Sima is possible.

My assumption is that Potter really rates Ferguson.

All that said, I don't rule out another striker being brought in if a good deal is available.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My assumption is that Potter really rates Ferguson.

All

Perhaps - but he’s barely had any pre season minutes so far has he ? And he’s unlikely to get many in the league so not sure how a U23 is going to develop not playing football. Surprising that he hasn’t gone on loan yet , as we have done with all of our first team youngsters who’ve come through

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps - but he’s barely had any pre season minutes so far has he ? And he’s unlikely to get many in the league so not sure how a U23 is going to develop not playing football. Surprising that he hasn’t gone on loan yet , as we have done with all of our first team youngsters who’ve come through

I can't think of any single reason why so, so, many on here are holding a candle for Ferguson.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Decent deal for both parties IMHO. Certainly our club needs a player with a far better sitter-to-goal conversion ratio if they want to progress :wave:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Decent deal for both parties IMHO. Certainly our club needs a player with a far better sitter-to-goal conversion ratio if they want to progress :wave:

Fundamentally it’s almost impossible finding a striker who is equally competent at scoring and shithousery, both essential factors imho. Given a choice I’d say the shithousery is more than goals and so potentially losing Neal isnae exactly ideal.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Fundamentally it’s almost impossible finding a striker who is equally competent at scoring and shithousery, both essential factors imho. Given a choice I’d say the shithousery is more than goals and so potentially losing Neal isnae exactly ideal.

I want him to stay, find it slightly odd how many are happily waving him bon voyage. In the words of Joni Mitchell ‘you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone’

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want him to stay, find it slightly odd how many are happily waving him bon voyage. In the words of Joni Mitchell ‘you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone’

Dunno if her follow up hit was:-

'careful what you wish for'.
Or
'the grass isn't always greener'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

They’ll all be feeling ‘Blue’ after (if) he goes….still least no ones suggesting they will drive him there in a ‘Big Yellow Taxi’

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I’ll be very sad to see him go.

He’s been my favourite current player for a few years now, due to work rate and shithousery.
And you just can’t beat FRENCH shithousery.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy too.

But, if I were in his shoes, I’d go.
Starting most games, more opportunities for goals, and playing/living in Salerno.
Bring me with you Neal.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Seriously, Maupay is UTTERLY replaceable at this level :wave:

Of course. Hope you’re willing to put up the HUGE fee required to get the mythological and rare replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here