[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
yes maybe. but it's impossible to ignore that we've been playing our best football and getting our best results as he's been playing less and less, and I would assume that potter hasn't chosen to move him to the periphery for no reason

Impossible to ignore, and obviously impossible not to take a dig at Maupay after the first win in Manchester.

Indeed the results have improved without him, Webster and Lallana.

At the same time, Brighton had absolutely nothing against West Ham until Neal came on... I'm confused!!! Maybe the results doesn't come down to if one player is or isn't playing?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Defensively looked better without Lamptey too, better him him off as well

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it we lost today. :facepalm:.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Impossible to ignore, and obviously impossible not to take a dig at Maupay after the first win in Manchester.

At the same time, Brighton had absolutely nothing against West Ham until Neal came on... I'm confused!!! Maybe the results doesn't come down to if one player is or isn't playing?

well of course not, and I agree the dig was a bit strange. hey, look, if he comes in and starts scorin again then fair play, but potter can't be benching him these days just on a whim?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

No , we’re a much better attacking team without Maupay- he’s too slow to start with, and our upturn in better attacking play from last season and today is noticeable better without him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Today we were set up withat extra man Lallana in midfield, and that is fine away from home, but there's an argument for playing Maupay at home when the onus is on us and we may be up against a 5 man defence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No , we’re a much better attacking team without Maupay- he’s too slow to start with, and our upturn in better attacking play from last season and today is noticeable better without him

More like a fully fit Welbeck is one of the best players in this league still. We should be crediting our medical team rather than digging out Maupay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
We WIN yet people have to dig out players Not involved As the reason !
Give ya heads a wobble and Just Enjoy the fact we have just beaten Manure @ old Trafford

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We WIN yet people have to dig out players Not involved As the reason !
Give ya heads a wobble and Just Enjoy the fact we have just beaten Manure @ old Trafford

Yes fantastic win and really enjoyed it , it was an observation based on a thread based on whether we keep
Or sell Maupay- he’s done a decent job last 2 seasons but we’ve found a better attacking system without him as our mainstay striker - absolutely valid point and not a dig - let’s take the money and move him on and invest in someone who may be a better fit

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

…..let’s take the money and move him on and invest in someone who may be a better fit

Thumbs up from me.

3ef9445df8dca8eaf01c14dc0003cb7b.jpg

He is essentially leaving on a free transfer in 3 1/2 weeks time. I’m a Maupay fan but his fee now would cover the purchases of Enciso and Adringa.

Or better still, we could just get someone totally different (very tall and Austrian) to mix things up at the front a bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes fantastic win and really enjoyed it , it was an observation based on a thread based on whether we keep
Or sell Maupay- he’s done a decent job last 2 seasons but we’ve found a better attacking system without him as our mainstay striker - absolutely valid point and not a dig - let’s take the money and move him on and invest in someone who may be a better fit

……but we might start with Welbz and Maupay next week. Who knows with GP and his random formation generator

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Valid response To my question tbf
I fully understand and possibly agree with the sentiments in some ways
But my point stands Enjoy the moment 😉
Raise the question Tomorrow 😉

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Thumbs up from me.

3ef9445df8dca8eaf01c14dc0003cb7b.jpg

He is essentially leaving on a free transfer in 3 1/2 weeks time. I’m a Maupay fan but his fee now would cover the purchases of Enciso and Adringa.

Or better still, we could just get someone totally different (very tall and Austrian) to mix things up at the front a bit.

Would be a great acquisition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports