Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be sad to see this happen, I love Neal Maupay.

But it is good money and perhaps a good move for him.

If he leaves I'd expect some kind of attacking (maybe not a striker) reinforcement before the window closes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolutely nailed on to be a big success for them and become the new Ashley Barnes

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Blimey didn't expect that. I love him but would've been happy to see him go to another club abroad and do well... wouldnt be quite as happy to see him go to a rival PL club and do well...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another Maupay fan here. Would be sad to sell him to a rival team but if he’s now behind Undav and Welbeck we might want the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another Maupay fan here. Would be sad to sell him to a rival team but if he’s now behind Undav and Welbeck we might want the money.

Much like Duffy going to Fulham, I don't imagine the club see Forest as a rival team.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Not a fan of this transfer. Selling to the italin team? Ok no problem. Selling to a prem team? No

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
From the time Undav was bought, a move away for Neal was always highly likely.

He's a hit and miss player, very hard to sum up, but I think the move will do him good and he'll continue to forge a very decent top level career. I'll wish him well

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Sounds obvious but I hope we actually replace him then. Having only Welbeck and Undav is awful

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s £15m or Maupay for one season. We normally play one striker and no one is taking that place from Danny until he gives it up through injury. I’m desperate to see what Undav is all about so I’m happy to take the cash and see if we reinvest in someone like Kalajdzic (although that particular player seems to be Manure bound now.)

It’s been brilliant having Neal but his ability to score very technical and difficult chances is unfortunately paired with a habit of missing too many sitters. Let’s be clear, he has had the chances to be a ‘double figure’ striker in the EPL since he joined but he can’t quite get there. Fantastic player for us though, just time to move on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Disappointing - I am a Neal Maupay fan, hard working and a menace to opposition defenders. Great important goals, yes he misses a few (seemingly) sitters but he is a valuable squad player.

But his absolute refusal to be a ‘squad player’ is clearly the reason why the contract has been left unsigned. The sensible thing is to take the money to fund punts like Adringa and Enciso (which his fee should comfortably cover).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But his absolute refusal to be a ‘squad player’ is clearly the reason why the contract has been left unsigned. The sensible thing is to take the money to fund punts like Adringa and Enciso (which his fee should comfortably cover).

I think he might not have recieved a new contract offer from Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a fan of this transfer. Selling to the italin team? Ok no problem. Selling to a prem team? No

An Italian team isn't paying £15m.

This is no different to BDB's transfer 6 months ago, at some point a decision had to made and as much as I don't like it I do understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here