Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sounds obvious but I hope we actually replace him then. Having only Welbeck and Undav is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could fudge up a good season. we see teams try playing without a recognised forward, it just doesnt work. other players acting as CF sit too deep or dont make the same runs, allow opposition defense push up.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If we don’t see Forest and Fulham as rivals this year fair enough. Let’s hope we don’t regret the new found confidence.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Would much rather he went abroad (the Salernitana move would have been ideal), board must feel the promoted clubs are not a threat to us.

Maybe I'm being massively over cautious, but Maupay on his last year too, if we don't sell now, it'll be on a free next year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Players come, players go. Won't be easy to replace, though. With Welbeck now pretty entrenched as the number 1 striker, players won't be keen to come and be the no.2, not if they're any good anyway. And to bring in a better striker than Welbeck is really going to mean breaking a few records - Xfer fee, wages, the lot - and I can't see that happening.
Possible signings won't know Welbeck as well as we do, they'll see his injury record and age and assume they'll get plenty of game time. Anyone decent will also believe they can be our number one. And we're capable of playing two strikers.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Disappointed as I liked Maupay. If it happens think we are light up front. 100m odd of outs so far, would like to see a couple of ins before the window closes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Possible signings won't know Welbeck as well as we do, they'll see his injury record and age and assume they'll get plenty of game time. Anyone decent will also believe they can be our number one. And we're capable of playing two strikers.
This.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Happy with 15m, ok player but if we want to solidify ourself as a top half side he’s not good enough, putting it brutally.

Doesn’t have the composure to be a top level PL striker IMO, will miss his trolling of the opposition the most… which probably says a lot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’ll need more than one goal when we play Forest then, you know exactly what will happen!

It will be odd to be on the wrong end of the shitehousing

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Find it sad if Maupay moved on. But it is part of the game we need to accept. Will miss his character, if not always his finishing. Great when he is on form, though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Selling your leading scorer and two best players and getting no obvious first teamers in to replace them is asking a hell of a lot of Potter. I’m sure some part of him is thinking ‘eh?’.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Selling your leading scorer and two best players and getting no obvious first teamers in to replace them is asking a hell of a lot of Potter. I’m sure some part of him is thinking ‘eh?’.

He may not have had a say over Cucu and Biss but I’m sure he has had on Neal

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He may not have had a say over Cucu and Biss but I’m sure he has had on Neal

Absolutely- I’d say in terms of Maupay this was absolutely Potter’s and his decision. Be nice to give GP a bit more to play with. Still time I suppose.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good luck Neil thanks for the goals as for the Albion I hope we have a striker lined up as an injury to Welbeck and I we might be in trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here