[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Suggest your hero has problems with it too, hence him being shown the door

That lazy radio guy has forgotten more about football than you have ever known. I doubt you’ve ever heard him commentating and are just regurgitating what you’ve read on here, am I wrong?

Nope, it doesn't suggest that. They're not selling Neal Maupay because of his inability to clap, oink and balance a beachball on his nose, they're selling him because there's other options, they got a £15m bid on a backup player with one year left on his contract.

Nah, you're right, never heard him. Likewise I seriously doubt you actually saw Neal Maupay wandering down the tunnel - you're just regurgitating what he said (and others repeated here), while ignoring all the fans that said Neal then came out to celebrate and clap the fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, it doesn't suggest that. They're not selling Neal Maupay because of his inability to clap, oink and balance a beachball on his nose, they're selling him because there's other options, they got a £15m bid on a backup player with one year left on his contract.

Nah, you're right, never heard him. Likewise I seriously doubt you actually saw Neal Maupay wandering down the tunnel - you're just regurgitating what he said (and others repeated here), while ignoring all the fans that said Neal then came out to celebrate and clap the fans.

Plonker, of course I did I’m a West stand season ticket holder. I knew you hadn’t heard Warren commentating though, lazy? Anything but.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes but do you go?

If it is true that the bloke doesn't learn difficult names, then he is lazy. :shrug:

Of course I go, when I’m in England, which is from September to April. He has had problems and struggles with names but he is a very very astute ex very good player commentator. I bloody love Warren, has always told it like it is and is in no way an Albion yes man. You’d love him if you heard him commentating :thumbsup:

Warren may struggle with players names but he knows football, I’ll take that over someone who can pronounce players names but has verbal diarrhoea in his commentary.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

Luckily we have Undav to replace his 10 goals-ish per season. And Welbeck showing us how it’s done to score some goals so far this season.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Yes but do you go?

If it is true that the bloke doesn't learn difficult names, then he is lazy. :shrug:

I believe he had a minor stroke or something similar in his past - someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure - which affected his articulation. You don't notice it with English names as theyre obviously much easier as a native speaker, but yes he does stumble over some of the foreign ones. Warren is not someone who should be accused of being lazy.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is obviously not about 'sulking' or 'not being a team player', its about maximising player values, just like the Bissouma transfer was. Maupay has done well for us, always worked hard, given us kittens some times, but coupled with more than a few moments of absolute joy. Equal with GM as our top scorer in the EPL and a shame he doesn't look like getting the chance to overtake him. However, Welbeck's renaissance and Undav's signing doesn't guarantee Maupay the game time he wants, so he won't sign a new deal. If he won't sign a new deal, we'll have to sell him or kiss goodbye to approx. £15m. There doesn't have to be any falling outs. Everyone involved is a grown adult. Its a business decision.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yes but do you go?

Oh right. So I guess now you’re going to dispute that Southall is the England manager. Right you are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, ~£115million incoming from Biss, Cucu, Maupay and Østigard and £18million outgoing for Enciso and Adingra....

We must be able to sing a left back...

And while we're at it let's get some contract extensions done.

Obviously with that warchest, if we can't afford a striker now, we never will.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So, ~£115million incoming from Biss, Cucu, Maupay and Østigard and £18million outgoing for Enciso and Adingra....

Who should we be singing though?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Balance sheet will look great. Will our league position though ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who should we be singing though?
I'd say a right-sided striker/winger and a left back. I'll do some advanced searches on Transfermrkt when I have a spare afternoon and leave no stone unturned.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
More good business. Thanks for the great goals Neal but not upset to be parting ways. Wish him all the best and regular football. Won't miss the Billy Paynter barn door moments.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd say a right-sided striker/winger and a left back. I'll do some advanced searches on Transfermrkt when I have a spare afternoon and leave no stone unturned.

We need names, the club is relying on you!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Pervis will cost a lot.

But we’ve been flirting around Kalajdzic for a while. Hopefully he is currently on the phone to his agent saying:

“….and you can tell Manure to **** off! They are ****ing shite and I hate them!”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports