Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’d say the signs are decent so far.

Based on what ? 2-1 against a poor Utd side that Brentford are 4-0 up against at half time and a 0-0 draw against a Newcastle side? We will see after a few more sides but I’m not convinced the revolution is as good as people are making out

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Luckily we have Undav to replace his 10 goals-ish per season. And Welbeck showing us how it’s done to score some goals so far this season.

I do hope Undav can score Maupays and - as we all hope - 5 more
E wise if he’s duff we are going to really struggle for goals.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Warren has grown on me over the seasons his inability to pronounce names just adds to the enjoyment
But John Byrne was far superior IMHO

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do hope Undav can score Maupays and - as we all hope - 5 more
E wise if he’s duff we are going to really struggle for goals.

I hope so to. Baffling that he basically got the same amount of pre season minutes as Maupay if he was going to be the ‘main man’

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Warren has grown on me over the seasons his inability to pronounce names just adds to the enjoyment
But John Byrne was far superior IMHO

Not for me Clive, grumpy United fan

Warren seems to me to be Albion through and through. I may be wrong because he has played for a number of teams, some bigger than us and is not Brighton born and bred, but he seems to have a real affinity with the Albion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope so to. Baffling that he basically got the same amount of pre season minutes as Maupay if he was going to be the ‘main man’

Quite. As much as Inadmire Welbeck he has never been prolific.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Based on what ? 2-1 against a poor Utd side that Brentford are 4-0 up against at half time and a 0-0 draw against a Newcastle side? We will see after a few more sides but I’m not convinced the revolution is as good as people are making out

No, you raise a good point. We shouldn’t base it on our opening two results or the fact we’ve got most decisions spot on as a club for almost a decade. We should base it on what might happen in the future because we’ve sold a striker who doesn’t score enough goals and has fallen to third choice.

Would I be happier with a couple of incomings? Yes of course. Am I going to shit my britches like some people are because we’re selling a striker who wouldn’t get double figures this season and would leave for a free in the summer? No. The club has built up another good credit with me that I’ll trust their judgement on this. If there’s someone we think we can get a good deal on then we’ll sign them. If we don’t then we won’t. Who really cares?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, you raise a good point. We shouldn’t base it on our opening two results or the fact we’ve got most decisions spot on as a club for almost a decade. We should base it on what might happen in the future because we’ve sold a striker who doesn’t score enough goals and has fallen to third choice.

Would I be happier with a couple of incomings? Yes of course. Am I going to shit my britches like a some people are because we’re selling a striker who wouldn’t get double figures this season and would leave for a free in the summer? No. The club has built up another good credit with me that I’ll trust their judgement on this. If there’s someone we think we can get a good deal on then we’ll sign them. If we don’t then we won’t. Who really cares?

Likewise, I trust the club implicitly in transfer dealings.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think TB’s maximising cash inflow, then will sign a LB and hopefully a scorer (striker or from midfield) by Sept 1st.

As usual with the Albion, it’s all below the radar.

Losing Welbeck to injury at any stage would be a huge blow, he leads the line brilliantly. No other player in the squad has that skillset.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not for me Clive, grumpy United fan

Warren seems to me to be Albion through and through. I may be wrong because he has played for a number of teams, some bigger than us and is not Brighton born and bred, but he seems to have a real affinity with the Albion.

I think WA is also a Man Utd supporter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clubs reach agreement :

[Tweet]1558517587247611905[/Tweet]

"Nottingham Forest have agreed a deal in principle to sign Neal Maupay from Brighton & Hove Albion, The Athletic understands."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Would I be happier with a couple of incomings? Yes of course. Am I going to shit my britches like some people are because we’re selling a striker who wouldn’t get double figures this season and would leave for a free in the summer? No. The club has built up another good credit with me that I’ll trust their judgement on this. If there’s someone we think we can get a good deal on then we’ll sign them. If we don’t then we won’t. Who really cares?

we'll all care when a couple of injuries and fatigue takes out our strikers. weakest area getting weaker.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
we'll all care when a couple of injuries and fatigue takes out our strikers. weakest area getting weaker.

Yup, I posted weeks ago that we’d be better off waiting until January and taking less. Atm we’ve got no evidence at all that Undav can score goals in the Premier League, and only optimism that Welbeck’s injuries won’t reoccur. I hope that Welbeck has a fantastic season and Undav is Maupay+ but we seem to be making a high risk decision.

I have to trust the club and those on the inside, but we seem from here to be taking an unnecessary unforced risk.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
While I would have liked for Neal to stay for depth purposes, let's be honest here: He is not half the player he used to be and I am not surprised that he is going. Just have to trust TB and Potter know what they are doing(I have the utmost faith they do).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I would have liked for Neal to stay for depth purposes, let's be honest here: He is not half the player he used to be and I am not surprised that he is going. Just have to trust TB and Potter know what they are doing(I have the utmost faith they do).

When did he use to be twice the player he is now?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yup, I posted weeks ago that we’d be better off waiting until January and taking less. Atm we’ve got no evidence at all that Undav can score goals in the Premier League, and only optimism that Welbeck’s injuries won’t reoccur. I hope that Welbeck has a fantastic season and Undav is Maupay+ but we seem to be making a high risk decision.

I have to trust the club and those on the inside, but we seem from here to be taking an unnecessary unforced risk.

We’d have almost certainly got nothing for him in January. We might as well just let him run his contract down.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well he used to display the talent that we bought him for(imo)and that slowly disappeared, really the main point I was making. Now watch him go light it up for them lol.

I think that is rubbish TBH.

He was exceptional last season doing what he has always done for us.

1. Missing plenty of sitters.
2. BUT scoring technically brilliant goals - but all at the right time!

He upset scores of Palace, West Ham and Stains fans. They hate him. But they don’t hate him as much as Arsenal and Leeds fans, he haunts their dreams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here