Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Forest have agreed a fee apparently but it's now up to Maupay. Still think his chances there will be limited with them splasing out on Dennis and the summer signing of Lingard.

If he goes then with Enciso likely to go out on loan, then another forward is needed IMO. Rumours also suggesting Undav may go on loan too, which would leave us pretty thin upfront.

Love the look of Mitoma yesterday and maybe he might just fill in for Maupay if he definitely goes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah well he will enjoy Nottingham, although he should avoid the City Centre on Friday & Saturday nights...

I hazard a guess that's Nottingham"s USP to Mr Maupay.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest have agreed a fee apparently but it's now up to Maupay. Still think his chances there will be limited with them splasing out on Dennis and the summer signing of Lingard.

If he goes then with Enciso likely to go out on loan, then another forward is needed IMO. Rumours also suggesting Undav may go on loan too, which would leave us pretty thin upfront.

Love the look of Mitoma yesterday and maybe he might just fill in for Maupay if he definitely goes.
I haven't found any rumours of Undav going on loan - and I'd be very, very surprised the rumour has any credence anyway given we only have 2 strikers over the age of 20 at the club.

It's certain we bring in a replacement for Maupay though - Welbeck + Undav backed up by the U21s Enciso, Everitt, Wilson and Ferguson isn't enough.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I haven't found any rumours of Undav going on loan - and I'd be very, very surprised the rumour has any credence anyway given we only have 2 strikers over the age of 20 at the club.

It's certain we bring in a replacement for Maupay though - Welbeck + Undav backed up by the U21s Enciso, Everitt, Wilson and Ferguson isn't enough.

Its not certain. Far from it. Yes, I think another (non-striker) attacking player would probably arrive but I wouldn't count on it.

Aaron Connolly and Jurgen Locadia played a total of like 200 minutes in the autumn, despite Welbeck being injured for a pretty long while. In the spring, Ferguson played 22 minutes in the PL.

Most clubs doesn't have more than two established strikers and then some players able to fill in the role (Trossard and Lamptey had games up front last season) or some youths (Ferguson and maybe Emmerson) to get the spare minutes and I think that's the most likely scenario for Brighton this season. Undav is Maupays replacement.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

we only have 2 strikers over the age of 20 at the club.

Agreed no chance of Undav going anywhere. As for incoming - well We had Welbeck, Maupay and Ferguson (and Trossard et al) - for the 2nd half of last season so I’m not sure it is certain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Wilson and Everitt? Have you been following JRG? Everitt may be Irish but he's been in the U18s, not the U21s - there are other more obvious candidates in the youth ranks for an attacking place on the bench - Tolaj, Emmerson, Miller for starters (tat's if they're not heading out on loan, which is obviously a possibility).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed no chance of Undav going anywhere. As for incoming - well We had Welbeck, Maupay and Ferguson (and Trossard et al) - for the 2nd half of last season so I’m not sure it is certain.
I sort of agree but keep changing my mind.

Welbeck, Undav with Enciso and Ferguson is enough.

But then I think : what if Welbeck or Undav got injured ? And then I think perhaps one more isn't a bad idea.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

I understand what you are thinking. But Trossard is currently playing on the left. If he is needed in forward areas then that area needs cover probably from somewhere else in the team. Moving on Maupay leaves us light in numbers I think so whether a forward or not someone needs to come in.

boik

I understand what you are thinking. But Trossard is currently playing on the left. If he is needed in forward areas then that area needs cover probably from somewhere else in the team. Moving on Maupay leaves us light in numbers I think so whether a forward or not someone needs to come in.

if Tross moves infield then cover will come from Sarmiento or Mitoma probably. Doesn't seem an area we're short in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
if Tross moves infield then cover will come from Sarmiento or Mitoma probably. Doesn't seem an area we're short in.

Yeah, I don't think it's certain we'll get a new striker in at all if Maupay goes. I think Undav is the Maupay replacement. Mitoma looked decent at LWB plus we've got Colwill so Trossard can push up.

Welbeck, Undav, Trossard, Ferguson seems plenty with Sarmiento and Enciso able to play as "attacking options".

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Kelechi Iheanacho would be an excellent place to invest some of Tony’s generated millions across this last year. Unfancied by Rogers, much to Leicester fans derision, the 25 year old is a proven PL goalscorer. Would be a helluva statement.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Kelechi Iheanacho would be an excellent place to invest some of Tony’s generated millions across this last year. Unfancied by Rogers, much to Leicester fans derision, the 25 year old is a proven PL goalscorer. Would be a helluva statement.

Agree although I think Leicester will put the brakes on further outgoings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agree although I think Leicester will put the brakes on further outgoings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A club the size of Brighton with a European-competition wage bill. They need to make some structural changes to comply with new UEFA financial sustainability regulations. They’ll dig their heels in over Fofana and Madison, both starters, but KI does not start and Vardy and Daka are more to Rodgers taste.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

not certain I agree but it's pretty likely the club tried for nuñez last summer, implying that they were happy to go into the season with three senior strikers. think it'll definitely, more than ever, be right player right price if we buy in this position now, and we'd probably be happy to walk away and go without if we can't get exactly the type of deal we want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here