Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It was inevitable, but it's sad to see him go. Stuff like his gestures to the West Ham fans when he was booked in what turned out to be his last game for us made watching him great fun. He knew how the fans felt and he shared the emotions. He filled the lovable French nutter shaped hole left by Knocky.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Thanks for the (good) memories. WH, Leno and Palace especially.

Always appreciated his effort. I hope he's as prolific for Everton as he was for us...that way one of the bottom 3 will be decided.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bottom line is no clubs in the top half of the table came in for him, just promoted sides and those threatened with relegation. That's where we were before last season, but we've moved on and so must he.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disappointed to see such a hardworking, honest proper shithousing pro leave us, but it’s staggering to think the (once) mighty Everton, who have spent £500m in the last few years, and FF are chuffed at getting someone we don’t see appearing in the first team any time soon. #teamslikeBrighton eh ?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I believe he is leaving because the Brighton fans referred to him as 'Le petit shitehouse' instead of 'Le shitehouse petit'.

This is also the reason Anthony Knockaert left us for referring to him as 'Le petit magicien' instead of 'Le magicien petit'.

If only we could get our French grammar sorted out we could keep these players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I believe he is leaving because the Brighton fans referred to him as 'Le petit shitehouse' instead of 'Le shitehouse petit'.

This is also the reason Anthony Knockaert left us for referring to him as 'Le petit magicien' instead of 'Le magicien petit'.

If only we could get our French grammar sorted out we could keep these players.

Bonjour, bonjour, nous somme les garçon Brighton?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He’d get going and then fizzle out and frustrate.
Then he’d get going and ………..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
His goals against Arsenal in the first game after lockdown and against Palace in the last second had me jumping around more than any other goals in our PL stay (so far)

Throw in the last minute heroics against West Ham and Southampton and he’s a proper memory maker.

I’m sure he’ll get a good reception when he comes back.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wonderful news. So how many strikers are we down to now? Is there another Premier League club with fewer strikers than we have? I can't think of one. If Welbeck gets a long term injury, we're well and truly stuffed. I know we have Undav as well but the signs are that it is going to be some while before he adjusts to the rigours of the Premier League. I love most of the things that the club is doing at the moment but I'll never understand its apparent aversion to signing strikers. And it's not as if we can't afford it.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Personally I am disappointed to see him go. Always gave 100% percent and chipped in with some important goals. Admittedly he missed some sitters and his fiery temper could be costly but he was the “bad” guy for us. I worry we’re a bit too “nice” without him. But he’s clearly dropped down the pecking order and he doesn’t strike me as the sort of character to spend the season on the bench so once the rumours started I always suspected it would happen.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Wonderful news. So how many strikers are we down to now? Is there another Premier League club with fewer strikers than we have? I can't think of one. If Welbeck gets a long term injury, we're well and truly stuffed. I know we have Undav as well but the signs are that it is going to be some while before he adjusts to the rigours of the Premier League. I love most of the things that the club is doing at the moment but I'll never understand its apparent aversion to signing strikers. And it's not as if we can't afford it.

I feel it was a mistake to lose Neal, and I will miss him hugely, but we have Welbeck, Undav, Ferguson and Enciso (Tross?) who can all play in the central front role, a role which only one player occupies.

I wouldn’t want to have to rely on Enciso or Ferguson for any length of time this season (too green, too much pressure) but either could fill in for a couple of games at a time. Undav (on the little I know) seems a puzzle. Possibly slower and less mobile than Maups, but perhaps a touch stronger/more clinical?

If we’re looking for someone in the Danny Welbeck mould, I’m not sure we have them, so if there is any recruitment, that’s where I’d hope to see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here