Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor on Joel Lynch in todays Argus

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What bit are you finding so hard to follow...

I will try once more , but then my babysitting stint has come to the end and I may choose to debate, argue and piss off someone thats worth it.

It is inevitably difficult to quantify an amount of money for an individual coming through our Centre of Excellence.

Although there is an annual cost, which is mainly funded by through the Football League ( or other ) to a tune of £138 000 for the season 2007/08 this amount is uniform across the league and there might be an increase for season 2008/09.

So although you have an overall cost, we may top up the fund depending on our total costs, the difficulty is based on the number of children that attend from the age of 8yrs old.

You will have triallists coming and going and the amount of time that any child may stay within the system changes weekly, monthly and yearly.

Therefore to try to find a likely cost of Lynch's time is extremely hard, but also as I have said quite irrelevant to his future value.

I suppose you could work on certain assumptions, such as up to 200 children within system at any one time, but thats something you might want to do.

But remember that the lions share is funded from outside the clubs coffers, there is also a moot point in that clubs generally use some of that fund for their scholars and their coaches.

Not sure if thats fair, it certainly takes some of the funding away from the 'Academys', but I will row with you at a later date on that one.

Sigh .... you just can't answer a straight forward question can you ?

Lets make it easy for you and do it as a balance sheet format :

2007/08 External Funding for Academy= £138,000
2007/08 Club Funding for Academy = £xxxxxx

Fill in the £xxxxxx bit to justify your claim that "the lions share is funded from outside the clubs coffers".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here