Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor on Joel Lynch in todays Argus

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Naylor writes "Lynch has made it abundantly clear he does not want to play for the club anymore, which is largely due to off-field matters rather than his absence from the starting line-up in the early part of the sason"

Anyone know anything about this, didn't we just assume he threw his toys out as he wasn't playing?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Naylor is writing an article absolving Micky Adams from any responsibility for the negativity at the club? No way!

I imagine if he could he'd put the blame on Wilkins...*

*NB - Not meant as a comment on our managers, more as a comment on Naylors attitude to them, his not seeing any negativity in Micky Adams' current run, and his two man campaign (with harty) to rewrite history and make Dean Wilkins out to be a complete failure...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Naylor is writing an article absolving Micky Adams from any responsibility for the negativity at the club? No way!

I imagine if he could he'd put the blame on Wilkins...*

*NB - Not meant as a comment on our managers, more as a comment on Naylors attitude to them, his not seeing any negativity in Micky Adams' current run, and his two man campaign (with harty) to rewrite history and make Dean Wilkins out to be a complete failure...

I still feel the best Naylor article on this subject was the first one - where he talks about his 'beloved Stoke City' halfway down and then ends it with 'on behalf of all Albion fans, welcome back Micky'. Genius.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I can't believe this bloke is still given a forum to write his rubbish. Boring match reports and bias article writing.

What I would like to see from him is some well judged articles and match reports with constructive insights.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I still feel the best Naylor article on this subject was the first one - where he talks about his 'beloved Stoke City' halfway down and then ends it with 'on behalf of all Albion fans, welcome back Micky'. Genius.

Stoke City supporter eh!
whats he doing writing about the Albion in a Sussex paper then surely we have a sports reporter thats at least Sussex born

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Stoke City supporter eh!
whats he doing writing about the Albion in a Sussex paper then surely we have a sports reporter thats at least Sussex born

Andrew Hawes was a Swindon fan.Does it really matter as long as they do a good job? Hawesy was brilliant and i miss him doing the Albion games.Just can't get use to the new guy and the way he commentates.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did Hawes go onto bigger and better things, I miss his commenatry too - even when we played Swindon he was impartial??

I don't know where his career has taken him :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The whole article is a bit of an attack on Joel Lynch, seems weird why he wrote it.
Which is pretty funny because the "revelation" that he didn't just leave because he was left out of a couple of games will probably make people more sympathetic towards Lynch.

Weren't there rumours he'd fallen out with Adams even before the season began?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Didn't you hear Naylor?:

"IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ADAMS!!!!! Stop moaning about adams he's the best! he is a god, these are just nasty rumours being spread by dean wilkins who is feeling bad about being such a miserable failure."

Or, y'know, words to that effect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Which is pretty funny because the "revelation" that he didn't just leave because he was left out of a couple of games will probably make people more sympathetic towards Lynch.

Not necessarily.

If it has nothing to do with him not being picked, the Colin Hawkins stuff about 'I'm not surprised he's gone if that donkey can get in the team ahead of him' stuff kind of ebbs away, and leads to more deep-rooted issues.

It depends on what the off-field problems were.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

What could they have possibly fallen out about BEFORE the season started? Unless Lynch was already aware that we'd signed 2 centre halves and promised them both starts week in week out ..... oh, hang on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not necessarily.

If it has nothing to do with him not being picked, the Colin Hawkins stuff about 'I'm not surprised he's gone if that donkey can get in the team ahead of him' stuff kind of ebbs away
As does the "he threw his toys out of the pram four games fight for his place" stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here