Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones appointed Assistant Manager

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is there any real reason people dislike NJ?

Because we have some sensitive souls here. The same would probably take Murray back...

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Just don't like the bloke...everytime i look at him i wanna sit on his face and fart

This should relieve some of your hot air then....

image.jpg. image.jpg. image.jpg.

image.jpg. image.jpg. image.jpg

Breaking Bad....seems appropriate.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Good for him, he is obviously good at his job. Oscar tried to get hIm to go to Maccabi and now Sami wants him as assistant manager. Those who see what he does day in day out think he's an asset to the club.

Yes he did apparently. Christ I bet Nathan's pleased he never went, now that Oscars run away again!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Is there any real reason people dislike NJ? I find some of the posts on here bizzare... He's done a good job here and he's always very animated on the touchline and seems very passionate about his job here, what exactly has he done to warrant the sort of abuse he gets from some?

Either certain posters have anger issues or he's genuinely done something wrong that I don't know about? NSC is a weird & wonderful place.

There have been loads of posts since NJ returned explaining people's issues with him. Personally, I still have a problem with his attitude to albion fans when rubbing our noses in it when he played for Yeovil. A typical example of the modern footballer "kissing the badge" of whoever is paying his wages. Anyone witnessing this first hand would have an issue with him. Whether this dims over time, I will see. Each to one's own. I am sure he is quite capable. Like all other footballing mercenaries, I am sure he will be off when a better offer of a bigger badge to kiss comes in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You keep telling yourself that

Leaving aside your anonymous abuse of his character, what evidence do you have, over and above the clubs endorsement of him, that he hasn't had a positive effect on the team ?

Interesting that Nathan's bust-up at Yeovil was with Mickey, a guy who also ended up getting a fair bit of stick on here. But if the boo-boys had to pick JUST one to boo, would they spontaneously combust?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Well done to Nathan. I believe he was a big part in any success we had last season.

Very much this. And he's gone on to impress Sami too.
Seems a very driven guy. Doesn't do smiling much or Charlie's 'hilarious' humour. But so what.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There have been loads of posts since NJ returned explaining people's issues with him. Personally, I still have a problem with his attitude to albion fans when rubbing our noses in it when he played for Yeovil. A typical example of the modern footballer "kissing the badge" of whoever is paying his wages. Anyone witnessing this first hand would have an issue with him. Whether this dims over time, I will see. Each to one's own. I am sure he is quite capable. Like all other footballing mercenaries, I am sure he will be off when a better offer of a bigger badge to kiss comes in.

He was hardly a ' one club ' man, loyal to the Albion. He played for clubs before us and he played for clubs after us. Its no big deal. Fans get too precious about loyalty and overreact, bearing grudges for years. In business, people change jobs after a few years and take clients with them, to their new company. There is no loyalty. Just a better pay cheque and personal advancement. Thats all.
Some of the language on this thread is alarming. It smacks of complete immaturity and ignorance. NJ is a professional just doing his job and if he helps make my club a success, he has my full backing.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There was obviously no rush as this announcement has shown. I am glad for the continuity, it is what Liverpool were built on in the esrly 60s and they have never really looked back.

That is..until Graeme Souness arrived, determined to stamp his own mark on Liverpool and got rid of the famed ' bootroom ' where Shanks, Paisley, Moran and Evans plotted. He effectively ripped up their blueprint for success and tried to do things differently.
Result....24 years on and no league title in that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here