Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones appointed Assistant Manager

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah that impressed that he wanted fat sammy as no 2...Just a cheap option as the club don't want the welsh xxxxxxxx leaving.

He was already the first team coach, why would he have been leaving?

Last edited by a moderator:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What confused me was this bit:

They've both replaced the one guy?

Well, the previous assistant was Sammy Lee. We have been without one since he decided not to join us. Last season, Oscar's assistant was Nathan Jones.

I'll give you Lee, although I don't think he ever did a days work. Jones has never been assistant before. That was that Gomez fella.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'll give you Lee, although I don't think he ever did a days work. Jones has never been assistant before. That was that Gomez fella.

Jones was Oscar's assistant, the 2 chaps who came in with Oscar were the fitness coach and goalkeeping coach.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/oscar-agrees-three-year-deal-931776.aspx

Oscar has recruited two of his loyal assistants from his time at the Nou Camp and in Tel Aviv: 44-year-old Juan Torrijo and 36-year-old Ruben Martinez.

Also joining the backroom team is former Albion left-back Nathan Jones as assistant head coach. Since leaving Albion for Yeovil Town in 2005, Jones, 40, has been first-team coach and assistant manager at Huish Park and last summer joined Charlton Athletic as part of Chris Powell's backroom staff.

Last season, we didn't have a manager, we had a head coach, but as Barber pointed out over the summer, the role was essentially the same. So assistant head coach = assistant manager.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well many managers bring their own coaches...This welsh bollock seems to be stuck to someone's ar*e like glue!

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree already, I don't really understand what your issue with him is or why you think that Sami wasn't the one to want him as an assistant and I suspect (but I might be wrong) that any reasoning you have is based on conjecture, conspiracy or general dislike...so I'm out, as reasoned debate isn't ever going to win out against them. Have a pleasant evening! :cheers:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah that impressed that he wanted fat sammy as no 2...Just a cheap option as the club don't want the welsh xxxxxxxx leaving.

That was before he worked with NJ and onlh knew him by name. Now he will have assesed the situation and weighed up those he works with before making his decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! Finally. Congratulations Jesse Pinkman.

Brilliant

Hank = Charlie Oatway

Saul = Tony Bloom

Skyler = Sami

Mike = Warren Aspinall

Gus = Gus

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/oscar-agrees-three-year-deal-931776.aspx

Last season, we didn't have a manager, we had a head coach, but as Barber pointed out over the summer, the role was essentially the same. So assistant head coach = assistant manager.

Understood. I'm obviously going a bit senile in my dotage. Forgive me for getting a little confused with all these comings and goings.

I can't bring myself to check the abomination of the club site to clarify all roles and staff.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That was before he worked with NJ and onlh knew him by name. Now he will have assesed the situation and weighed up those he works with before making his decision.
Doubt they even bothered looking after the rejection from fat sammy...I mean in the last two months it must of been really hard finding an assistant manger....NOT

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just don't like the bloke...everytime i look at him i wanna sit on his face and fart

Ah, so rational reasons then.

Well done to him I say - never had an issue with him myself - ok he was a bit of a tit in his playing days but i'm not 12 and don't hold grudges. As long as Sami is happy with him (as seems the case) then it's all good. Besides, he's not done badly so far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doubt they even bothered looking after the rejection from fat sammy...I mean in the last two months it must of been really hard finding an assistant manger....NOT

There was obviously no rush as this announcement has shown. I am glad for the continuity, it is what Liverpool were built on in the esrly 60s and they have never really looked back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here