Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naming rights

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It would most likely be American Express. One of the biggest aspects of the company is its Brand. Amex isn't the brand - American Express is.

I'd be happy with that. Its a global company with massive reach and commercial potential.

Plus, as an employee, I'd very much appreciate an Amex/Albion card or something!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not only is the "Community Stadium" already used by Colchester, but it's a SHIT name.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the San Bloomo

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd love a small tribute to the Goldstone somewhere - I never saw it but its blatantly obvious how much it and its demise means to B&HA fans...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Surely it will be the "That'll do nicely, Sir" Stadium.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be honest whoever gets the naming rights is f***ed as everyone already knows it as The Falmer Stadium.

It has existed in our dreams for so many years as Falmer that no amount of corporate branding can change that.

Unless it gets a proper cool sponsor I won't be calling it by its plastic corporate name

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What was the Emirates called before naming rights were handed out?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ashburton Grove

wonder how much that gets used by Arsenal fans? Honest question have no idea all the ones I know refer to it as the Emirates

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
But Arsenal's new stadium hadn't existed in the minds of their many fans for a decade prior to it being built.

However there are still Arsenal fans who refer to it as Ashburton Grove but at the end of the day "The Emirates" isn't a bad name anyway. The Emirates being a place means it's not just a brand name.

American Express on the other hand just screams "rip off credit card stadium"

I don't want to be associated with a product that brings such misery to so many people

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
wonder how much that gets used by Arsenal fans? Honest question have no idea all the ones I know refer to it as the Emirates

Likewise. I work with a couple of Arsenal fans and they always refer to the ground as the Emirates.
Having said that, I know that if they were due to take long haul flights to the Far East / Oz they wouldn't necessarily book with Emirates as a matter of course.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The whole "Community Stadium" thing is a load of crap anyway, designed to appeal to councillors and other important people during the all important planning stage.

Hopefully the club will drop it...that said, if they don't, none of us will use it because it's just too wordy and lame.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm fairly sure the club have previously confirmed the name will include "community stadium"

But who cares, so long as we all stick with a name for it and refuse to cave in to whoever pays for naming rights.

Nobody in Southampton says they're going down to the "Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium", it's just St Mary's.

Sep 8, 2007
I don't want their money.

Would be really surprised if we got any of it either.

They've never expressed any interest in our club in the past and they've never gotten involved in football.

They can keep their golf and sailing events and we'll have an ethical sponsor thanks

just out of interest CS , why do you feel Amex are unethical ?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Working for Amex I would be amazed. The company as pointed out earlier have no interest in football whatsoever, aligning to more upper market sports such as Motor Racing etc. It would be a major turn around, and remember these decisions are made in New York anyway.
Furthermore if there was a policy change they certainly would not enter the game at the third level.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
just out of interest CS , why do you feel Amex are unethical ?

They are listed in the TOP TEN of the world's least ethical brands:

1. McDonald's

2. Nike

3. Shell

4. Adidas

5. Barclays Bank

6. Coca-Cola

7. BP

8. Camelot

9. American Express

10. Nestle

Furthermore I used to work for them and was encouraged to sign people up for services they didn't want because 1 in 4 cardholders wouldn't notice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here