Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name 3 Championship players you would sign in Jan

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting seeing many of the names on here.

For me, it's a question of whether you pick the three best players in this league, or the three that fit the Albion's specific needs at this time, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

Will Hughes- brilliant, but we're stuffed with midfielders, ditto Shelvey, Hourihane and a few others. Forestieri is very talented, but a bit of a diva, & I'm not sure he'd be the ideal fit in our (pretty tight) team unit. Likewise Grealish is clearly a great player, but seems to be a proper shit-magnet off the pitch. I can't be arsed with that and I doubt Chris Hughton would be either. I don't see Lansbury being right for us either.

I think Tom Cairney is a super player, also seems very grounded and can produce a bit of magic. Perhaps that differentiates him from the other midfielders named, in my mind at least. Gayle is excellent at this level (and plenty of us said months ago he would be, despite what the resident Palace fan on this thread suggested), but I don't know if he'd work within our system. I wonder if somebody like Scott Hogan might be more suited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here