Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The answer is right in front of you.
On matchday, place Muzza on the touchline wearing one of those big Kenny Everett hands, pointing at the oppo' goal, showing the way for our Jaffa strikeforce.

Maybe l'm blinkered, but l honestly think that just doing that would help!

How much he would demand though for having to wear one of those hands, is entirely a different matter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Decent move for him hopefully. Not gonna play here and not playing at Watford. Fingers crossed QPR get 6 good months out of him and then he retires to be a pundit.

I hope he comes back to be our finishing coach.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That was funny, wasn't it?

Looking at soccerbase, he's pretty much scored at a rate of 1 in 2/2.5 consistently throughout his career. A natural goalscorer.

Who doesn't applaud the fans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope he comes back to be our finishing coach.

There is nothing that l'd like more, however, we are all presuming that Glenn's ambitions are to stay involved in the game, that may well not be the case. he may well have other ideas for a future hobby.

Similarly, do the Albion, and Potter in particular, see him as a future coach? We know that he isn't a fan of his playing style.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is nothing that l'd like more, however, we are all presuming that Glenn's ambitions are to stay involved in the game, that may well not be the case. he may well have other ideas for a future hobby.

Similarly, do the Albion, and Potter in particular, see him as a future coach? We know that he isn't a fan of his playing style.

He's already dipping his toe into punditry.

Would be an obvious choice as co-host or summariser on a Brighton / Palace match in the future.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Confirmed on Twitter he is currently training alone at Watford looking for another club.

That’s just sad, why can’t he come back home? Hope nothing untoward has gone on here, like a falling out or something.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Confirmed on Twitter he is currently training alone at Watford looking for another club.

That’s just sad, why can’t he come back home? Hope nothing untoward has gone on here, like a falling out or something.

Football is weird when it comes to employment law/practice. I think a fair few people would kick up quite a stink if they got to work and were told they had to work alone, away from everyone else.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Presumably his wages? We seem desperate to trim the wage bill, so cancelling his loan without another lined up seems unlikely for that reason alone.

I must admit, giving him that extra year contract does seem like a mistake for both parties

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Presumably his wages? We seem desperate to trim the wage bill, so cancelling his loan without another lined up seems unlikely for that reason alone.

I must admit, giving him that extra year contract does seem like a mistake for both parties

Must admit that from a business perspective I was surprised he was given another year. Whether or not he had an option in his previous contract I don’t know. You can understand him wanting to maximise his earnings, but if he wanted to play regular football he really needed to have set his sights and aspirations a bit lower.
Good luck to him though. Taking the dog for extra walks isn’t something he’d planned for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here