Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This should give all you kids who don't understand why us old 'uns hate Palace a good starting point :lolol:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Breaking the bank? Is he really on that much with you?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Gus knows what he is doing, they are probably offering him silly money which will no doubt put them in administration again :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh well. He can go f*** himself to be honest. Would rather we got in someone with Championship experience than paid over the odds for a jumped up miserable northerner.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Breaking the bank? Is he really on that much with you?

Nope, we've offered him £6,500 a week, no ides what your boys are on, though suspect Ambrose would be on a bit more.

If you are paying him £10k a week then it's a gamble for someone who hasn't played above League 1 before, but he is class when the mood takes him.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Nobody yet...probably because it's just a rumour

I'd be suprised if this is just a rumour with the headline. At best for us, he might just be in negotiations. Did anyone notice Glenn Murray hiding behind the team when we were celebrating the trophy down madiera drive? I might of been looking into it to deeply but he didn't look like he was enjoying himself like the rest.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
One positive is that we didnt give in to an agent yet palace will..and if murray honestly wants to goto them after bigger and better clubs have supposedly wanted him then hes clearly no respect for us. Great player and should be remembered for his goals and a really good season. But for a brighton player to goto palace when he could goto derby or even millwall is a twat imo

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Oh well. He can go f*** himself to be honest. Would rather we got in someone with Championship experience than paid over the odds for a jumped up miserable northerner.
This. He hasn't been proven at championship level yet and I reckon he might struggle with the pace- although his game is obviously more winning flick ons etc

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Terrible move for him, just as Gus gets him playing the best football of his career he goes to a club who will struggle against relegation again next season. Do hope he signs a huge contact with them and is shit though and sits there for 3 years getting a load of cash

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Nope, we've offered him £6,500 a week, no ides what your boys are on, though suspect Ambrose would be on a bit more.

If you are paying him £10k a week then it's a gamble for someone who hasn't played above League 1 before, but he is class when the mood takes him.

Ambrose I think is on about £10k per week, yes, we would be mad to offer him that. Personally, I think we shouldn't offer him more than £6k, but we must be as I can see no other reason why he would even consider us over you (apart from the obvious fact that we are by far the better club, but which footballers care about that these days?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here