Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
If he went anywhere else other than Palace I would be gutted, but this transfer tells us all about Glenn Murrays true attitude, Greedy and unambitious. Now I know his true intentions I'm actually glad he'll be gone. Brillant player for the Albion (for 1 season) but not what we need to match the ambition and mentality of this club. Stuff him I say, he's going to be shit for Palace and it'll make us beating them next season all that bit sweeter. Look how long it took him to find his form for us! think how long it'll take for him to adjust to the championship, a new team and a new place. He'll be almost retired by the time he finds his feet at a new club. This wont be half as bad as it seems takemy word. All I need to say to cheer us all up is Gus Poyet, Tony Bloom and the Amex stadium. No way will I feel envious of Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I f***ing will if he leaves for Palace, the çuntard.

Yeah I probably will on the day we play them, but I really don't like booing ex Albion players, especially ones who've been as good as he's been this season :down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just hope Gordon absolutely smashes him into crutches when we meet, before he even gets the chance of doing the unthinkable.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
He was at the kids football on Saturday morning signing lots of the kids blue and white shirts (including Jnrs ! he'll have to have a big hole in his now!). I think his new lady set it up, so I think he is settled in this area. To him Palace probably is the ideal club, he doesn't have to move away from new misses. Just a shame he will never be able to show his face in town again.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I wouldnt have thought that we cant compete with teams like Palace on wages, I think its more to do with Murrays agent taking this piss and the Albion board having their heads screwed on. He scored 22 goals in league 1 in a team that romped the league (minus our end of season flop), Im sure we would pay what his agent is asking if it were Mackail-Smith we were negotiating with.

I guess what Im trying to say is he's good, but he's not that good to be demanding ridiculous wages - although im sure someone will pay it, thats football!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Palace are LOVING this on the board.

They can love it all they want. We all know where abouts they'll be in the table next season so if Murray wants to play for a team battling to stay up every season then that's up to him, We're better then that.

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
I have a funny feeling he will sign for Doncaster!! With sharp rumoured to be off for £2million, think thats where he will end up!! Think this palace thing is bollocks

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The fact he's unproven, in this case, counts for little. Face it - we'd be happy to retain him. I suspect hardly anyone on here who thinks he won't do well in The Championship.

Assuming this story is true, my bafflement is - what a poverty of ambition Murray must have to be leaving a club on the rise for a club struggling to do anything or go anywhere.

This! If Murray were to go elsewhere (and I concede that he may well choose to do so) I would be STAGGERED if he went to Palarse. I cannot imagine that they would be in a position to offer much better terms than us. If that is the best his agent an do then I suggest he get a new one. Next season, we will have an infinitely better ground, bigger crowds, better manager and a bright future. Palarse will have precisely F**K All and another relegation fight on their hands. I can't believe this story is true, nothing about it makes sense.

If he were signing for Leeds, Forest, Leicester, Derby, Millwall, or even West Ham I could understand it, but going to THEM would definitely be a backward career move.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
this..... its all good and well saying we dont need him, but we are not the same team without him..... against SCC away, he turned the game completly when he came on.

You could go to anyone with our thanks and blessing Glenn except 1 team of the 92.... why the f*** Palace, you f**king malicious twat, you know what that means to all the fans who supported you Judas

thirty-pieces-of-silver.jpg

Gus Poyet has scouts all over europe, I'm sure someone 'special' will be playing upfront for us next season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To score twenty two goals in the rough house that is League 1 takes some doing. Give him the time and space that is available one notch up and I reckon he could bag bundles of goals.

and supply. he needs to have some decent service, i dont think the palarse has the midfield to supply anything usful, hence they fought relegation all season. big mistake if it happens imo.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
For all your tantrums & histrionics:US::rant::angry:
This is very much our loss.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would be gutted if he joined Palace. Irrelevant of who we may sign as a replacement or how well he may or may not do, he has been one of the finest strikers in my Albion watching days and to see him in those revolting red and blue stripes would make me hurl. Trust Gus and Tony completely so if they are happy to see him go then fine, just not to Palace..... PLEASE

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The annoying thing for me is that not only are they are rivals they were f***ing in admin a little while ago - shouldn't be allowed to offer players anything near more than a good club like us. This is what is wrong with football - a transfer embargo for 5 yrs wouldve done (I know in this case Glenn is a free agent btw)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He'd get bombarded with padded seats if he dared turn up at The Amex in those disgusting red and blue stripes! Suicide surely.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Hoping this is bullshit. I bloody love Glenn Murray.

Can't blame him for trying to get the best deal possible but I'd like to think he'd draw the line at joining the scum.

If he goes to Palace then, for me, everything he has ever done for us will be forgotten.

Don't do it, Glenn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here