Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
How far apart are we from offering what Palace are putting on the table then ? Unless he was after stupid money, I can't believe the deals would be poles apart.

Could be a case of them offering similar terms, except they are bunging him a maHOOsive signing on fee, being as he'll be on a bossie.

f*** off than Murray you grasping MUG.

I am mystified by this because these days we are in a position where we can match Palarse in all areas, so to lose a player to them is just wrong. This certainly isn't an upwards move for Murray. f***ing Judas!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If it is true,and they can match his wage demands,I don't blame him.
We may have a job replacing him with someone as effective within our wage structure restraints.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm going to throw a PIGS HEAD at him at Selhurst, the TWUNT.

images

images

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well, i kinda had the feeling he would go due to the immense amount of time the contract was not sorted. If a player wants to go, let him. I would rather move on quickly and spend another summer waiting for a taxi waiting outside an airport thread for a foreign striker!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That's not great, to put it mildly. I guess there is still a chance his agent's behind a story like that but that's not to say that he hasn't gone there today though. Ah well. We'll be ok anyway.

Putting all the Palace stuff to one side and being as impartial as I possibly can manage, a move there really would make absolutely no sense for him at all unless they're somehow offering wages that are from another universe compared to ours. His is clearly a fragile, brittle personality which could easily struggle to fit in elsewhere, plus they really aren't a club that's up to too much these days, certainly not compared to us anyway. But maybe the grass is always greener, even if in this case it's the manure-reaking putrid bog of Selhurst.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1) I did post on another Murray thread
2) There's so much shit posted on here about that sort of thing didn't really think was worth starting a thread

Fair do's. I hope you gave him shit for saying that though! No player in Liverpool would tell a fan I'm leaving Everton for Liverpool and get away with it for example!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So Freedman is a liar! Not that we should be surprised of course.

April 13th

PALACE boss Dougie Freedman has dismissed reports that he is closing in on the signature of Glenn Murray.
There was a claim earlier today that the 21-goal Brighton striker, who is due to be a free agent in the summer, is on the verge of making a switch to the Seagulls’ arch rivals.
But Freedman, talking to the South London Press, was quick to knock the story down.
He said: “It’s not true and in my experience of the game it is probably the agent trying to work Brighton for more money - and he’s just picked local rivals to wind them up.
“I know a lot of clubs are in for the kid - so why pick Crystal Palace?
“He’s on a free transfer and I expect Glenn Murray to be too expensive for us.”

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would just say that I find it hard to believe that Palace can offer more than we can, mind you seeing as they have a habit of paying players more than the could afford this doesn't surprise me at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair do's. I hope you gave him shit for saying that though! No player in Liverpool would tell a fan I'm leaving Everton for Liverpool and get away with it for example!

Are you suggesting us and Palace is anywhere near the Merseyside derby? :lol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good, surely we need better than him anyway at the next level?...
Tricky to get someone better than Glenn who wouldn't want even more wedge than he does!
Work your magic Gus!Without Murray,we were a bit toothless at times!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Two things:

1) It's a terrible move for Murray
2) It's a terrible move for Palace

Assuming that in wages Palace are breaking the bank on a player that is unproven at that level they are idiots. He has shown that he takes a while to settle at a club. He will have to doubly prove himself having come from us and I predict he will be a MAJOR FLOP with them.

I'm actually quite pleased though as I trust Gus' judgement and if he doesn't think Murray is worth the wages then that's good enough for me. Also pleased it is sorted out this early as it gives Gus all summer to find two quality strikers. I was worried it would drag on all summer and we'd be waiting on him to decide.

Also can't see Palace fans taking to his languid style. It took us a few years to get used to it and if he's not scoring at the same time I can see him being unpopular.

The fact he's unproven, in this case, counts for little. Face it - we'd be happy to retain him. I suspect hardly anyone on here who thinks he won't do well in The Championship.

Assuming this story is true, my bafflement is - what a poverty of ambition Murray must have to be leaving a club on the rise for a club struggling to do anything or go anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here