Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
That's not great, to put it mildly. I guess there is still a chance his agent's behind a story like that but that's not to say that he hasn't gone there today though. Ah well. We'll be ok anyway.

Putting all the Palace stuff to one side and being as impartial as I possibly can manage, a move there really would make absolutely no sense for him at all unless they're somehow offering wages that are from another universe compared to ours. His is clearly a fragile, brittle personality which could easily struggle to fit in elsewhere, plus they really aren't a club that's up to too much these days, certainly not compared to us anyway. But maybe the grass is always greener, even if in this case it's the manure-reaking putrid bog of Selhurst.

I love your post, you start by saying "Putting all the Palace stuff to one side and being as impartial as I possibly can manage" and finish up with "even if in this case it's the manure-reaking putrid bog of Selhurst"

:) :) :) :) :)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i for one will be gutted to see him go, WE ARE a much better and dangerous team with him in it than with out........aka, collapse v SCC and the Uddersfield game.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
To score twenty two goals in the rough house that is League 1 takes some doing. Give him the time and space that is available one notch up and I reckon he could bag bundles of goals. GP obviously has his hands tied financially, but probably would like to keep him. I hope Owen and Heskey don't get a sniff here, as they're past their sell-by date, and we need some youth aboard pronto. Zoko of Carlisle looked the part down here, so him and another couple pour moi :smile:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can we please get over ourselves, IF, he signs so be it. We trust the Gus Man, if he feels he is worth X and Pilarse offer 5, 10 or 15% more then that's life. Personally I'd back Gus on this on, IF Murray leaves for Pilarse just accept it and move on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you suggesting us and Palace is anywhere near the Merseyside derby? :lol:

No not really. I'm just suggesting that as an example. A player shouldn't have the cheek to say to a fan they're moving to their rivals - but as Richy said he wasn't sure if he was joking or not. Either way if he goes there he will be hated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we get this sorted quickly? Assuming that this is true, thanks for the memories Glenn and adios. You are making a MASSIVE mistake going there but I guess you'll just have to find that out for yourself :bigwave:

I hold no animosity towards him and I certainly won't boo him, shame.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No player is irreplaceable, simple really, one door closes, another one opens.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
It will be a shame to see him go. However, i'm not convinced he will make the step up (I thought the same about Crofts as well though) and especially to a club where he is surrounded by pretty average players. I really can't see him being a success at Palace and will take great pleasure in seeing him flop if he goes for this move. I can't help but feel they deserve each other. Although good this season, Murray appears to have been pretty disruptive in his time here and I dont think he has repaid the faith that the club and fans had in him. I will not think twice about giving him both barrels when we play them next season.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I hope Palace have factored in that it takes him at least 1 season, maybe 2, to start firing on all cylinders.

Effing Judas

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can we please get over ourselves, IF, he signs so be it. We trust the Gus Man, if he feels he is worth X and Pilarse offer 5, 10 or 15% more then that's life. Personally I'd back Gus on this on, IF Murray leaves for Pilarse just accept it and move on.

Its rare a manager is involved in wages etc, he tells the chairman if he wants a player, but the chairman does all the negotiating.

TB might have asked Gus if he rates him enough to be top earner etc etc, but other than yes/no it is unlikely Gus is involved at all

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Won't boo him or hate him

Would question his decision making but just proves that the modern footballer is driven by money more than anything else

Still hope it turns out to be bullshit but we will move on

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It won't happen, It's just Murrays agent trying to get him a better deal, Palace manager has already said he's not interested in signing him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Will be sad to see him go, and if he goes to Palace then hes a MUG who deserves to get slaughtered when we play them next. He has a few alternative options and if he thinks going there is a good idea then he's a fucktard and I wish injury upon him.

However, if Gus REALLY wanted him then he'd be stayin imo, and I am genuinely excited to see who we will bring in.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Can we get this sorted quickly? Assuming that this is true, thanks for the memories Glenn and adios. You are making a MASSIVE mistake going there but I guess you'll just have to find that out for yourself :bigwave:

I hold no animosity towards him and I certainly won't boo him, shame.

I f***ing will if he leaves for Palace, the çuntard.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
i for one will be gutted to see him go, WE ARE a much better and dangerous team with him in it than with out........aka, collapse v SCC and the Uddersfield game.

this..... its all good and well saying we dont need him, but we are not the same team without him..... against SCC away, he turned the game completly when he came on.

You could go to anyone with our thanks and blessing Glenn except 1 team of the 92.... why the f*** Palace, you f**king malicious twat, you know what that means to all the fans who supported you Judas

thirty-pieces-of-silver.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can confirm that Palace do train in Beckenham so that bit of the story is correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here