Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP Caroline Lucas charged for protesting

And what of Governments who flout Geneva Conventions? The most heinous crime of all? Those who advocate illegal wars - aka the current incumbents.

It is commendable that Miliband is trying to reign in the Energy Companies, but they have a huge army of media persuaders and it could be an act of political suicide. However, if we let them continue on the current disastrous path, we will commit national suicide. When the drills dry up what then? We going to use unobtainium?? The short term wrecking of the countryside will be to no avail. CL had every right to stand up to this and deserves to be applauded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You clearly have a blinkered one sided view. MPs obviously have a bad rep and back handers etc are probably widespread. But an MP breaking the law with it captured on TV has to expect to be prosecuted. If you can't understand that then I'm afraid you have issues

As I said. I looked up the criteria for public interest and I struggle to equate her alleged crime to the criteria. There items like impact on victim, cost to the public purse. I guarantee the police and CPS will come out of this poorly. If this goes all the way it will cost the public purse a few 100k at least. For what? An MP with at most a very very very minor criminal record. If you cannot understand this .........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Part of. Not the only consideration.
You sad it was a "waste of taxpayers money" which tends to imply that whatever the crime, the decision to prosecute should be based on how much it will cost.
The actual cost of prosecuting something like this is no different than the cost to prosecute a late night fight or shoplifting.

I am talking in the context of this particular alleged crime. Not in general. Obviously it should not come down to cost in all cases. Jesus. There are real muppets on this thread.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's interesting and rather disturbing that the police have come under criticism in recent years for preventing people from protesting with tech such as the use of force, mandibular angle (see below), forward intelligence teams FIT taking photos and videos of you and following closely people of "interest," and kettling of large groups. Their job is not to stop the will of the people and their right to protest.

Rex_PROTEST_2727431A.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The above photo is obscene. How could you do that to someone else. I suppose Police just do as they are told, otherwise they would have got a job where they can think for themselves.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
It's interesting and rather disturbing that the police have come under criticism in recent years for preventing people from protesting with tech such as the use of force, mandibular angle (see below), forward intelligence teams FIT taking photos and videos of you and following closely people of "interest," and kettling of large groups. Their job is not to stop the will of the people and their right to protest.

Rex_PROTEST_2727431A.jpg

So there we have it. The one sided view point is now clearer

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
The above photo is obscene. How could you do that to someone else. I suppose Police just do as they are told, otherwise they would have got a job where they can think for themselves.

It's pushing a pressure point because he won't unhook his arm. They do ask him to unhook his arm first and he refuses. He has a choice. How long do you let someone sit in the middle of the road for? Please move oh please unhook your arms. He won't unhook his arms, oh just leave him then we don't need to road anyway.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Please do feel free to put forward any side you wish. For the record I am in favour of a Police Force, I am not in favour of a Police Force that regards the above technique as standard procedure.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's pushing a pressure point because he won't unhook his arm. They do ask him to unhook his arm first and he refuses. He has a choice. How long do you let someone sit in the middle of the road for? Please move oh please unhook your arms. He won't unhook his arms, oh just leave him then we don't need to road anyway.

I know what the copper is doing. Leave him where he is. How long do you realistically think he's going to sit on the floor for? He's not threatening anyone, he's not causing damage. I'd rather lose the use of one road in England than have a police force that uses those techniques. I'd rather lose the use of a road for a few hours that have Fracking. I'd rather lose the use of one road for a few hours than lose the right to protest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ian Tomlinson RIP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know what the copper is doing. Leave him where he is. How long do you realistically think he's going to sit on the floor for?

Quite.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Please do feel free to put forward any side you wish. For the record I am in favour of a Police Force, I am not in favour of a Police Force that regards the above technique as standard procedure.

Also look at the picture more closely. Two protestors having the exact same done to them. One posing to the camera and one isn't. A pressure point technique produces an involuntary response of unhooking your arms.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

What?

I think what the police do is a very difficult job but if someone told me to shove a finger behind someone's ear causing acute pain for just sitting down endangering no one i would tell them to shove it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not my point of view it's the CPS.

I'm just struggling with how an MP someone elected to serve a community and work with the police etc shouldn't be prosecuted if the break the law. Maybe you could give me a few reasons why you think she shouldn't?

Look. We clearly differ over this. I think I will be proven right that this is utterly futile and a complete waste of time and tax payer's money. If the CPS get a prosecution I will donate an agreed sum of money to REMF. Anything else (CPS dropping it, no conviction etc) will prove my view so you donate the agreed amount. How much would you like the amount to be?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Also look at the picture more closely. Two protestors having the exact same done to them. One posing to the camera and one isn't. A pressure point technique produces an involuntary response of unhooking your arms.

Hahahahhaaahhhhahhhhaaahhaaa! The human body doesn't work like a switch mate, that causes pain to make him unlock his arms. No need for it.

As an aside I happen to think that that Police Office has no right to touch the man in the first place, painful or not.

That said, the most excruciating thing if I was that bloke would be my ridiculous baby crying face plastered all over the nationals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A ridiculous thing to say because you have nothing to offer to an argument you clearer know very little about.

I know enough to know the CPS decision is a waste of time.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

You really are very cynical about people aren't you!

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Hahahahhaaahhhhahhhhaaahhaaa! The human body doesn't work like a switch mate, that causes pain to make him unlock his arms. No need for it.

As an aside I happen to think that that Police Office has no right to touch the man in the first place, painful or not.

That said, the most excruciating thing if I was that bloke would be my ridiculous baby crying face plastered all over the nationals.

Research it then. The pain causes an involuntary reaction. Fact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here