Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP Caroline Lucas charged for protesting

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
strange how mr one eye hook hand was never arrested along with his supporters for sitting about on a road with the good old British bobby standing around watching

I think you'll find the government have done huge amounts of work trying to remove him. It was Europe intervening preventing deportation etc was it not?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
strange how mr one eye hook hand was never arrested along with his supporters for sitting about on a road with the good old British bobby standing around watching

Big business wasn't effected!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
You clearly have a blinkered one sided view. MPs obviously have a bad rep and back handers etc are probably widespread. But an MP breaking the law with it captured on TV has to expect to be prosecuted. If you can't understand that then I'm afraid you have issues

If you see people who don't share your beliefs as having issues, I would imagine you no doubt come across a lot of people in your life 'with issues' ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Abu Hamsta never got nicked because he was conducting prayers in the street and it would have been religious persecution plus an ethnicity issue. Caroline Lucas was making a political statement by sitting down on the road and got arrested for it , they say the best publicity is free publicity.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
If you see people who don't share your beliefs as having issues, I would imagine you no doubt come across a lot of people in your life 'with issues' ???

It's not my point of view it's the CPS.

I'm just struggling with how an MP someone elected to serve a community and work with the police etc shouldn't be prosecuted if the break the law. Maybe you could give me a few reasons why you think she shouldn't?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It's not my point of view it's the CPS.

I'm just struggling with how an MP someone elected to serve a community and with with the police etc shouldn't be prosecuted if the break the law. Maybe you could give me a few reasons why you think she shouldn't?

Nice try in trying to change the subject. Perhaps you could justify your assertion that I have issues? I'm just curious as to what you think gives you the right to judge another human being you have never met?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nice try in trying to change the subject. Perhaps you could justify your assertion that I have issues? I'm just curious as to what you think gives you the right to judge another human being you have never met?

This is North Stand Chat , the home of the binfest :lol:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013

Are you serious? I'm not trying to change the subject at all. I'm asking you to help me understand why you don't think an MP who has broken the law should be prosecuted.
You obviously don't want to or can't justify your view on the matter. My opinion is that if you honestly believe that an MP who breaks the law shouldn't be held responsible for their actions but can't explain why then you have issues. Anti establishment etc etc.
prove me wrong give some substance to your argument.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I do not agree with her politics but I am not convinced it is in the public interest for her to be charged.

This. Total waste of tax payer's money.

How can you say that based on the above it only says she has been charged under the public order act which is very broad. Doesn't actually say what she has allegedly done. The obstructing a highway is a nothing charge granted but something the old bill like to tag on just for shits and giggles.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
State of play in Britain nowadays. Some old guy stands with his silly boards up doing no one any harm, he gets set on by two pit bulls (okay one was his own) :rolleyes: and the attacker gets...nothing. A member of Parliment, or anyone else come to that dares to demonstrate (peacefully) on a matter of their principles, right or wrong....nicked.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Interesting to see the Police and CPS taking such severe action against one female trying to protect the environment. From the police removing her to the CPS prosecuting. Yet when a group of pikeys wreck a field and plonk vehicles and fridges and shit pits on said field "sorry, nowt we can do".

The police seemed to be getting pretty involved at Balcombe though. The video below is pretty tame, Police not doing much except usual goon like behaviour. There was a shocking pic in the Guardian of Police spraying pepper spray directly into femal protesters eyes from about an inch away to get them to unlock arms. They ****ing love getting stuck in don't they!

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewv...ing_protest_in_Balcombe_captured_on_BBC_News/

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Interesting to see the Police and CPS taking such severe action against one female trying to protect the environment. From the police removing her to the CPS prosecuting. Yet when a group of pikeys wreck a field and plonk vehicles and fridges and shit pits on said field "sorry, nowt we can do".

The police seemed to be getting pretty involved at Balcombe though. The video below is pretty tame, Police not doing much except usual goon like behaviour. There was a shocking pic in the Guardian of Police spraying pepper spray directly into femal protesters eyes from about an inch away to get them to unlock arms. They ****ing love getting stuck in don't they!

yep normally women and old men

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Answered that one quick enough didn't you. Didn't want to answer my question? Too difficult probably.

Lets all jump on the anti police bandwagon.

I am not massively anti-police at all. I firmly believe we need a police service and they do a lot of good. My problem is that they don't seem to use their own judgement and blindly assault innocent, peaceful people in certain situations and don't question it at all. A Police Force that allows that behaviour needs looking at.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are you serious? I'm not trying to change the subject at all. I'm asking you to help me understand why you don't think an MP who has broken the law should be prosecuted.
You obviously don't want to or can't justify your view on the matter. My opinion is that if you honestly believe that an MP who breaks the law shouldn't be held responsible for their actions but can't explain why then you have issues. Anti establishment etc etc.
prove me wrong give some substance to your argument.

An MP is alleged to have broken the law.

There are two issues. One is about 'public order', which as Arthur points out, is a catch-all term for any number of alleged misdemeanours.

Then there is the issue about public interest. There are legal tests for 'public interest', not your own 'she's an MP, so why shouldn't she be prosecuted?'. If you find out whether there is a public interest in prosecuting her - beyond your own definition - you might find an answer. Herr Tubthumper believes - having looked up the criteria for public interest - that the CPS' case is thin.

Therefore, rather than berating everyone else, it's a point you need to research and answer for yourself, and you may find yourself agreeing or disagreeing with him.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The reason it's not in the public interest as far as I'm concerned is manifold. Not least, she was clearly acting in the public's interest and that the prosecution cannot produce an outcome that resolves anything constructively. She was sat in a place the Police didn't want her sat in. She's not sat there anymore so what else is left to do? Also it's a waste of my and your money.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I am not massively anti-police at all. I firmly believe we need a police service and they do a lot of good. My problem is that they don't seem to use their own judgement and blindly assault innocent, peaceful people in certain situations and don't question it at all. A Police Force that allows that behaviour needs looking at.

I was aiming it at glasfryn and his jumping on the back of the pice criticism posts but chooses to ignore questions posed to him in response.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
An MP is alleged to have broken the law.

There are two issues. One is about 'public order', which as Arthur points out, is a catch-all term for any number of alleged misdemeanours.

Then there is the issue about public interest. There are legal tests for 'public interest', not your own 'she's an MP, so why shouldn't she be prosecuted?'. If you find out whether there is a public interest in prosecuting her - beyond your own definition - you might find an answer. Herr Tubthumper believes - having looked up the criteria for public interest - that the CPS' case is thin.

Therefore, rather than berating everyone else, it's a point you need to research and answer for yourself, and you may find yourself agreeing or disagreeing with him.

Thanks for wading in and stating the obvious but you seem to have overlooked that I was asking for his personal views on the matter. And for your info I am a defence lawyer so am more than aware of the cps guidance for public interest.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This prosecution is designed to send out a clear message along the lines of "IF YOU THINK YOU CAN GET IN THE WAY OF OUR COMPANY MAKING MONEY WE WILL VIOLENTLY REMOVE YOU AND WE WILL ****ING HOUND YOU AND PROSECUTE YOU UNTIL YOU ALL UNDERSTAND BIG BUSINEES WINS".

What is concerning about this is the Police and CPS blindly doing the bidding of a company that wants to wreck the very same environment the Police and CPS live in. It's a dangerous road to be heading down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here